Until The Whole World Hears review by Casting Crowns

• Released: Nov 17, 2009
Casting Crowns: Until The Whole World Hears

The Casting Crowns continue to revolutionize Christian music with Until The Whole World Hears. The album is similar to their previous albums, with a few big differences. First of all, the album contains new themed songs looking more toward the tough times of today and the future of the world. Second, this album also contains more traditional sounding praise songs than previous albums, making this album more Gospel music sounding than other albums. But don't think the rock influence in their music stands out any less in this album. Until the Whole World Hears, Holy One, and Shadow of Your Wings have a more modern rock/80s rock influence to them. They've came a long way since Altar and the Door two years ago, clearly.

Here's what I think of the individual tracks: 01. Until the Whole World Hears: one of the standout tracks, clearly a "looking forward" song. 8 02. If We've Ever Needed You: the perfect song describing the Christian faith in the modern world. 8 03. Always Enough: good one. Not as good as the previos tracks, though. 7 04. Joyful, Joyful: sounds like a simple praise song, but don't be fooled. 7 05. At Your Feet: not a very strong track. 6 06. Glorious Day (LIving He Loved Me): Brings the album back to life, good followup to At Your Feet. 7 07. Holy One: don't be fooled by the "old hymn" sounding title. Modern rock/pop sounding. I really like it. 8 08. To Know You: older sounding song made to sound modern. Good. 7 09. Mercy: sang by the band's violinist, I think. More Gospel sounding. 6 10. Jesus, Hold Me Now: now the album is falling apart, it's getting boring. 5 11. Blessed Redeemer: sang by the violinist again I think. Ballad. 6 "This can't really end the album?" is what goes through your head, but click the track button to track 12. It's a hidden track. Man, I love hidden tracks. 12. Shadow of Your Wings: wow! It doesn't say anything about this on the back of the case. But man, it should. It's a live track with a great guitar riff. You might dissagree with me, but I think it sounds like Cheap Trick music with Christian lyrics. See what you think. 80s rock sounding. Now THIS wraps up the album. 9 Mark Hall, the lead singer, wrote or co-wrote 11 out of 12 of the tracks. Impressive. He's a really good singer, and so is the violinist and piano player. That's talent. The songs are very well-written. No slaking.

Probably their best album yet. I really enjoyed it. Don't let the titles of some of the songs fool you. This isn't a gospel album. This is a Christian Rock album. This is Casting Crowns. This album is worth buying. Make sure to listen to track 12. Make Sure. Sincerely, guitarslinger

Nite`
    I must say I saw these guys live a couple of years ago and I will say they were amazing live! I'm not really a big christian music kind of guy but these guys are worth checking out.
    myownenemy
    I've yet to hear this band do anything original. They sound like every single other Contemporary Christian artist. Which is why I hate the majority of Christian music, no originalitPr
    Sam Wotrey
    AdADglgmut wrote: And there is no such thing as "Christian Music", there is "Religious Music". To call it Christian is to specific.
    Christian music is to Religious music as Thrash/Speed/Death/etc. metal is to Metal. Derp derp. Casting Crowns is fantastic music. Really stick to the scripture.
    Natrone
    Ehh...not really a Casting Crowns guy. To each their own of course, but they're too...generic for me. Its pretty much worship music, which I really don't like for just listening.
    meem1029
    Geez, do you have something against slow, meaningful songs. I think some of those are among the best on the album because if you listen to the lyrics you can just feel God there, especially live.
    AdADglgmut
    Totally uncreative lyrics. They sound exactly the same as they did on previous albums. And there is no such thing as "Christian Music", there is "Religious Music". To call it Christian is to specific.