Thick As Thieves Review

Cavo: Thick As Thieves
Released: Apr 10, 2012
Genre: Post-Grunge, Hard Rock
Label: Eleven Seven
Nothing too fancy on this album, but this is still a fairly good effort from the band, but I'd like to see them take more risks in the future. I would just like to see them take more chances in the future, but good album overall.
 7.4
 7.8
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Thick As Thieves Reviewed by: vppark2, on july 31, 2012

Sound: Cavo is one of those bands that don't seem to get a whole lot of recognition in the rock world. They definitely deserve more credit than what they get, though. Not saying that they're an amazing band, but they are definitely one of the top bands in the rock world nowadays, in my opinion. Now, for this album, I think that they really improved, compared to their debut album, "Bright Nights * Dark Days". This album just rocks out, whereas I didn't quite see that as much on "BN*DD". // 7

Lyrics: The lyrics don't display anything too new or surprising. Lines like, "Stand up and hold your ground. Face the ending. We'll burn this whole world down. Build a new beginning now" from "Hold Your Ground" depict fairly good songwriting, but again I don't know if it's just me, but I'm not seeing anything groundbreaking here. // 7

Overall Impression: Nothing too fancy on this album, but this is still a fairly good effort from the band, but I'd like to see them take more risks in the future. I would compare these guys to Saving Abel, 12 Stones, Pop Evil, and Buckcherry. Overall, this is no Shinedown or Nickelback copycat. I would just like to see them take more chances in the future, but good album overall. // 7

Comments