Disruptive review by Chaotica

• Released: Oct 1, 2015
Chaotica: Disruptive

This is an artist that I'm pretty sure no one knows but I discovered them and thought that it would be cool for anybody who likes electronic rock. I randomly stumbled upon their newest album and it sounds pretty tight to me. I'm not all that big on the electronics but some of the guitar work is pretty impressive. My highlight song for this album is "End of Everything" which has such an infectious groove to it that I think even metal fans will like. Listening to it through headphones is a trip because the mastering is so well done that it doesn't sound like most indie/underground records.

The lyrics are angry, anti-government, "rage against the machine" type of lyrics that sound very passionate but also deals with other topics that are easier to relate to. The song "Liberation Nation" is pretty funny because the lyrics list out stupid laws across the United States and I thought that was creative. The singer isn't the next Freddie Mercury or anything but I enjoy the sound his voice, especially during some of his counterpoints and screams. I feel like this guy should get some more exposure.

I was mostly interested because it's unlike any band I've heard before. The only artists I could even compare it to that I can think of are maybe Blue Stahli, Pendulum and Celldweller. It might not be the best for everyone but I feel like it has a few songs worth listening too. The song "Goodbye Turquoise" has a neat solo, "Anarchy" is a good opener to the album, and like I said before, the song "End of Everything" has a nice groove that hits hard. Interesting find that I recommend electronic rock fans to listen to.