Live From The Road review by Chevelle

• Released: Nov 11, 2003
  • Reviewer's score: 5 Decent
Chevelle: Live From The Road

I love Chevelle and think they're a great band, but the sound of this album is basically dissapointing. The instruments are not level, the bass overcomes the guitar most of the time and the drums are not very noticable, I'd say the most attractive thing about this CD is the singing from Pete, I don't like Joe's backup singing it's usually off key. Other then that the interatction with the audience is pretty good so it seems like there pretty good performers.

No dissapoinment here, Chevelle always has very good lyrics and this is no exception. The lyrics are great like always and go with the music perfectly. I especially like the lyrics to the songs on "Wonder What's Next" and "Until Your Reformed". Pete Like I said before has most of the part very good vocals, but Joe's back up vocals are off key and don't mix in with the music very well.

This is definatley not as good as their studio efforts and I have heard much better recordings of them live. The best songs overall on this album would be "Wonder What's Next", "Family System" and "Until Your Reformed". I like the vocals but hate the mix and if it were lost I probably wouldn't buy it again.

Kaolin
    fattymcfat97
    i know but i have heard way better recordings of then live before so it dissapointed me
    shallowbay07
    Kaolin wrote: IT WAS LIVE...CHILL OUT BUDDY...NOTHING IS SUPPOSED TO BE RIGHT WHEN YOU DO SOMETHING LIVE...TRUST ME...I KNOW!!!!
    you havent seen tool/incubus/breaking benjamin live
    fuzzyhippo
    Yea, the CD is not the greatest sounds from Chevelle, but go to one of their concerts now. They'll blow you away.
    Chevelle454
    Breaking benjamin is horrible live. i'm a huge fan of them and i was disappointed when i saw them.