Point #1 review by Chevelle

• Released: May 4, 1999
Chevelle: Point #1

Chevelle is a alternative rock band out of Chicago and Point #1 is their debut album and deinatley my favorite of their 3 albums. The sound is very catchy especially on "open" the 2 minute intro to "Point #1" one of my favorite songs on the album. Within this album I found one of the greatest intros to a song ever which is the intro to "Sma."

The lyrics are very good but sometimes get kinda strange especially in "Mia." The only thing that pissed me off about this album was that chevelle signed to a Christian rock album producer so everybody thinks that their lyrics are religous so that kinda turned me off but overall they are good lyrics.

Like I said I think this is Chevelle's best album but most people go for "Wonder What's Next." I wouldn't buy this album again mainly because its on my laptop and I could just burn it onto a blank disc but if it wasn't I would buy it again. Other then the whole Christian rock thing this is a very good album and if you like alternative rock or metal you should definately buy it.

Let it Happen
    With all due respect, I don't see how anybody could like that cd. and this is coming from a big chevelle fan. i mean, the first song is like 6 minutes of the same chord over. and over. and over. and over. pete never friggin' stopped!! God, that first song alone ruined the whole album for me. and then the second song.... the same riff as the first except like a whole step higher! and then the whole damn thing starts again. it's enough to drive anyone crazy. MIA was the highlight of the album, and even that is mediocre at best. i don't know what the fifth track is called, but it's utterly laughable. it's got random guitar noise interspersed with random open chords for like a minute. TERRIBLE! and oh yeah, the sound quality is kinda crappy throughout the whole thing too. so all in all, i don't see how one could like this album at all. me and a friend would always turn on this cd if we wanted a good laugh. it was just that hilariously bad.
    Slickvic31
    The album definitely isnt their best. I personally think they have made a vast improvement from their beginnings. If you really want to see The Loeffler boys shine, check out Wonder Whats Next and This Type Of Thinking.
    fattymcfat97
    heres the reason why you didnt like this album because your a stupid shit who cant apreciate good music. just look at the fact that pete was like 18, sam was about 21 and joe i know was 14 when they made this. so lighten up this is good shit you just cant enjoy it because your one of those poser ass bitches that started liking chevelle when they heard "the red" on the radio and was like "wow this song is soooo good and i cant relate to this oviously because its on the radio and im a mindless ****ing drone who dosent think for himself". and that is why this album isnt utterly terrible only you will be utterly terrible at life no matter how hard you try.
    bdub98899
    Dude. Take a chill pill. It's that dudes opinion. If he doesn't like it then that's his porogative. I think it's ok. It's not their best.
    RockMusicFan
    The only bad part of this record is the recording quality. But other than that, it's a great album!
    clincher85
    i thought the cd was ok...but whats with the poser shit just cause the first song you heard was on the radio?...that was the first song i had heard from them...but im not not no poser, i think they are a great band their music is awesome every song is great!...but i agree with some...point#1 wasnt their best....but hey its still good to listen to!..ITS CHEVELLE BABY!
    screamline
    im sure if chevelle never released these songs and made them on their new album people would love them, i say this because alot of the stuff on the new album was old stuff they never finished. people never like the older stuff because they have the mindset that it is worse than the new