This Type Of Thinking Could Do Us In review by Chevelle

• Released: Sep 21, 2004
Chevelle: This Type Of Thinking Could Do Us In

Finally after 2 years, I get to see what the Loefflers have come up with now. Pete uses baritone guitars for the whole album, so heavy gutiar riffs was expected, and he done a damn good job with it. Joe give us faster, harder bass riffs, and Sam give us a lot of good drum works here (also uses double basses for this album). The songs that stand out the most to me are The Clincher, Still Running (new version), Panic Prone, Another Know It All, and Emotional Drought. But all the other songs are just as good too.

Typical Pete's lyrics, they match go well with the music. His voice improves every album as it seem. His melodic vocals shine in Panic Prone and To Return, while his screams just smack us in the face in Emotional Drought and Another Know It All. Joe done a pretty good job too.

All the songs are fantasic, and Chevellve proves that they could stay in the game with more new and fresh music. Though Pete still doesn't do any solos for this album, the heavy riffs and vocals completely make us forget about it. One of the best CD right now, and I'm happy to own one. Chevelle rocks!