This Type Of Thinking Could Do Us In review by Chevelle

• Released: Sep 21, 2004
Chevelle: This Type Of Thinking Could Do Us In

Chevelle's third studio album, the band itself is great, all their other albums are great too (Point#1 and Wonder Whats Next) but this one is the best. There efforts to create a harder albums succeeded, songs like 'Get Some' and 'Still Running' really get hard with the double bass pedals and palm mutes. Oh yea and to anyone who reads this and likes to post tabs up for them, please put it in the right tuning, Point #1 is in C, Wonder Whats next is in B, and this album is in A, very low tuning, only a few bands use this tuning, but Pete pulls it off perfectly. Overall the album is the best one out there right now, in my opinion, they did not disappoint me at all with this one.

The lyrics have gotten a little but more complex in terms of word use. Although it does sound like a lot like Tool at points if you listen to them. But nevertheless it is Chevelle, so they really sound the same as the other albums. The lyrics go good in most of the songs, never really letting you get bored in the middle of the songs. Pete's voice has progressed a lot more, if you listen to the first album his voice wasn't all that great, but I was really impressed.

This album was the most impressive in a long time, dealing with all the f***ing 'THE' bands, I can't take it, so it was time for another rock album to come out and hit the billboards. Like I said this is probably their best one yet, I don't think they can get any better. The best songs on the album are probably, 'The Clincher', 'Get Some', 'Vitamin R', 'Still Running', 'To Return' and for the softer side of Chevelle would be 'Bend the Bracket'. The thing I love about it, is that they give you the hard stuff, but still are able to add some melody, and some acoustic guitar. There is really nothing to hate about it, only if your not a Chevelle fan, but if you are wondering about buying this album or not, trust me it is worth the 12 bucks.