This Type Of Thinking Could Do Us In review by Chevelle

• Released: Sep 21, 2004
Chevelle: This Type Of Thinking Could Do Us In

This album sounds so awesome. Pete tunes really low on his guitar, but it's still audible and you can hear really well what he's playing. The same can probably be said about the bass. The drums are what have really improved, though. The guy can really make use of the double bass. But he doesn't go a million miles an hour; he uses it in a way that fits the songs. So all in all, the sound and musicianship is excellent.

The lyrics are dark most of the time, but not depressing. My favorite songs lyrics wise are probably The Clincher, Get Some, Still Running, and Panic Prone. Pete is a great singer, especially considering that he plays guitar too. He can go from excellent singing to harsh screaming in a second as well.

One of my favorite rock albums of the past few years. Chevelle improves with every album as evidenced by their past two releases. All of the songs are great, but my personal favorites are The Clincher, Get Some, Still Running, Panic Prone, Breach Birth, and Another Know It All. I love how much they've improved with their instruments and are really defining their style. I can't think of anything bad about this album at all. If it were stolen or I lost it, I'd buy it again without hesitation. You should buy this CD!