Vena Sera review by Chevelle

• Released: Apr 3, 2007
Chevelle: Vena Sera

Chevelle are back with an album worthy to compete with their second album "Wonder What's Next". On this album, the band flourish with their heavy, alternative rock. At times, sounding like Tool. Songs like "Antisaint", which, in my opinion, is the best track on the album, kicks off the album well. It has a "Family System" feel to it (Family System is the first track on "Wonder What's Next"). Other stand out tracks include 'Brainiac', Well Enough Alone' and 'Midnight to Midnight'

Once again, Pete Loeffler, writes some intense lyrics for this record. The opening lines on the song are, "Visit again white elephant, who sent you to the loom?" A very odd lyric, but dark nonetheless. The album has a gloomy feel to it. And it's very enjoyable.

Chevelle are a force to be reckoned with in the rock community. Don't put them to far away from the top of the best acts around. When this band writes, they have a flare for writing very catchy, entertaining tunes. That doesn't mean that at the same time, they don't rock the hell our of you with their heaviness. Great band, great album. A must buy for any rock fan.

ghostbuster#1
    this cd is a ****in gem!! it shows so much growth compared to the last few, just listen to 'i get it' ****in brilliant!!!
    zeppelin_freak0
    I think this cd might have been my favorite chevelle cd thus far. it really brought out a new form of chevelle, they were more agressive and harder, but at the same time steady. I love this CD
    mtrev009
    Great Cd. Wasnt as good as wonder whats next but few are. And to the people who say the bass was the same as previous albums are complete idiots. The new bassist was in my opinion the reason it has a complete new style. listen to i get and tell me thats the same style as before. jeez. On the other hand this would have been better than this type of thinking if pete Woulda screamed his ass off like previous albums.
    GiveItAll
    the impression of a newer Chevelle fan: I was intrigued by the single "well enough alone" so I went out and listened the famed TTOT and thought it was really repetitive. I bought this album, and was surprised to find that a lot of songs sounded like, well, they were from TTOT. But I DEFINATELY liked this album better, since this album has more creative instrumentation and a larger range of sound.
    GoToSleep
    Vena Sera is their weakest I think. I was a fan since hearing ''The Red'' and buying WWN. I loved TTOT. Vena Sera has some good songs, but I really don't get, "I get it" (no pun intended), or Saturdays. Also the chorus of Humanoid and Paint the Seconds annoys me. With these tracks they fall deeper into the rest of modern mainstream and that was disappointing to me.