Wonder What's Next review by Chevelle

• Released: Jun 4, 2003
Chevelle: Wonder What's Next

Beginning with a smooth intro, you get the impression of a mellow album, but suddenly, seemingly out of nowhere, the sounds of guitar, bass, and drums fill your head and you realize that this is going to be a wonderful album. The vocalist has an original sound, as well as the other instruments. Possibly comparable to Tool or Pantera, but has a Nu-Metal sound that catches you. And even if you hate nu-metal, you will love Wonder What's Next.

Some lyrics are difficult to descipher, but, without a doubt, the writer had deep feelings on the subjects, even if he is the only one who knows what the meaning is. But other songs on this album have obvious meanings, such as Wonder What's Next, which speaks of the corrupt faces of the music industry.

As I said before, this band is comparable to Tool or Pantera, but with a touch of Alt Rock. I love the great guitar riffs, and the lack of solos is made up for with outstanding vocals and drums. The bassist is not overlooked, either. My definate favorites are Closure, Wonder What's Next, The Red, and Grab Thy Hand. This is one of the greatest albums I own, and I will listen to it for years to come.