Wonder What's Next review by Chevelle

• Released: Jun 4, 2003
Chevelle: Wonder What's Next

This is Chevelle's sophomore. I find this CD is heavy but it also has it's share of not-heavy songs. Peter Leoffleur is an amazing guitarist, just look at his works in "Family System," "Wonder What's Next," "The Red" and "Grab Thy Hand." I love how pete can scream or sing with a heavy riff or a soft riff, like in "Grab Thy Hand." I'm not sure I agree witrh "Closure" as a single since I don't really like the song that much. They should've used "Wonder What's Next." Chevelle sound on this cd is very melodic but at the same time heavy, like Tool or Disturbed. I love Pete's voice, he is my favorite vocalist. His guitar playing is nothing short or incredible. Although I don't his acoustic work in "One Lonely Visitor," some of you may be looking forward to it after litening to "Bend The Bracket" on ttotcdui but let me tell you it is not anything special. It's very low quality and both his acoustic and his voice sound really bad, plus the screaming just throws off everything.

Peter is a pretty good lyricist. I didn't know this until I saw the interview but "The Red" is actually about anger and fury that people live through. I think his lyrics are better on "This Type Of Thinking" but his lyrics have always blended nicely with the music, which really is what you want. My favorite line is "We play the blaming game, yes I mind, it's not you're turn." I don't know why, but it just sounds cool. Especially when he screams it. All in all his lyrics are pretty good, they get better though.

This is definitly a landmark Chevelle CD but I don't think it is the greatest CD they have made. The best songs are "Family System," "Comfortable Liar," "The Red," "Wonder What's Next," "Forfeit" and "Grab Thy Hand." I love the massivly heavy riffs, I hate the acoustic song ('cause it sucks, don't get me wrong, I love acoustic). This CD is good but if you want real Chevelle magic get "This Type Of Thinking."

clincher85
    I think the whole cd is awesome...SUPREEMO is wrong, bend the bracket is a great song as well!...best band ever! hands down
    aaronANTfarm
    Yeah, these guys rock and this is one of their greatest albums and Don't Fake This is the best song ever
    RAGman22ReborN
    easily my favorite Chevelle album aside from Vena Sera. MY favs here are Comfortable Liar, The Red, Send The Pain Below, One Lonely Visitor. Lyrically, don't expect to really catch it on the first listen. You have to dig on in.
    zantimas
    noisewall11
    zantimas wrote: I dunno, this type of thinking was so much better, i think, thos album was good, but it definately wasnt their best
    yeah to you.. anyways ,can't stand that people call these guys nu metal.
    Slayer127
    This is NOT nu metal... seriously. Have a clue what you are talking about before you post a review... Like tool, alice in chains, and helmet, i would consider them Alternative Metal. Definitely not Nu metal.