Are You Dead Yet? review by Children of Bodom

• Released: Sep 19, 2005
Children of Bodom: Are You Dead Yet?

Children Of Bodom returns, and again, angrier and more agressive than ever! There has been a huge evolution from Hate Crew Deathroll, the sound, the style, the music, everything is all new. On some parts it's all different tha before, yet still that "Something Wild" that makes C0B COB is there. Let's get down to business. First of all, this record is the heaviest album that COB has released up to date. The main weight seems to be on Heavy, but melodic & catchy riffs and songs, and if that's what Alexi has tried, then he scored 10!

The lyrics were not released with the booklet, and you can only hear clearly what Alexi is saying in some parts, but during those parts it sounds great! Alexi's allways been one of my favourite singers/growlers, and once again he has writen some excelent death metal lyrics. They fit the music perfectly, and some parts, like the prechours in "Living Dead Beat" will ring in your head for days!

In my opinion it's allways been very hard to compare the Children Of Bodom albums with each other, but now I think that this one just might be the best album they have ever made, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this album, the songs are brilliant and so is the overall sound. All of the songs are good and extremely impressive, but If I were to recommend some tracks, I would say the opening track "Living Dead Beat," which is propably the catchiest song ever, the title track "Are You Dead Yet?" which includes some of the coolest riffs ever made, And the slow trackof the album, "Punch Me I Bleed" which kind of reminded me of the Hate Crew Deathroll masterpiece Angel's Don't Kill. But really, buy the whole album, even each individual song is worth that $20. If it was to get lost or stolen I would sell my grandmother on ebay without a second thought. It's propably the best album that I own.