Are You Dead Yet? review by Children of Bodom

• Released: Sep 19, 2005
Children of Bodom: Are You Dead Yet?

I love the sound of this album and thats what put it above the other CoB albums to me. It's much darker sounding, and the vocals are completely different other than the fact that Alexi still growls. The guitars use much simpler riffs, although the solos are alot faster (I'm guessing this is due to the addition of Roope Latvala to their line-up). Jaska Raatikainen used more industrial beats, and the bass guitar is much more defined in Are You Dead Yet. This combination of new styles makes it a totally kick ass album.

The lyrics for the album match Children Of Bodom's new style very well, although they are very hard to hear they have unique melodies this time which is a huge improvement of their other albums. Of course I can barely understand much of the lyrics, it's more about the affect, and when the lyrics are important to the song, they can be understood. Great job Alexi.

Really good job it's by far my favorite album ever. It can really be classified more as black metal, rather than melodic death metal which is what the band is originally known as. The sound is darker and some of the slower songs like Punch Me I Bleed remind me of bands like Dimmu Borgir, etc. has a lot of nu-metal influence in it even tho it is obviously not nu-metal. Overall it kicks your ass. Go buy it!