Are You Dead Yet? review by Children of Bodom

• Released: Sep 19, 2005
Children of Bodom: Are You Dead Yet?

Children Of Bodom are my favourite band at the moment, along with Dimmu Borgir. But I found it surprising that this album sounds very thrashy. When I found out the reason, I laughed, and thought it was fair enough. Alexi Laiho was drunk and started dancing on an ice-covered car, fell off and broke his wrist. He decided that he should just focus on not too complex stuff. There is definately a large thrash influence, along with the subject of war, but there are still obvious traces of melodic death.

The lyrics in Punch Me I Bleed, In Your Face and Bastards Of Bodom seemed very basic to me, but the rest is great, and the screaming really brings out the meaning, especially in If You Want Peace, Prepare For War. The lyrics mixed with the guitar work, the drum work and the bass work is awesome, and it just sounds like rain on the roof, or wind in the trees; Perfectly natural. I'd have to say, it took me a while to listen to Laiho's voice, but this album proved to me that he is awesome, and definately worth the buy.

This cd is very different to their older albums, but still the Thrash isn't totally Thrash either (Slayer etc). It still has the old traces of the original COB, and that's what I love about it. I'd have to say that the most impressive songs are Are You Dead Yet? and If You Want Peace, Prepare For War. If this was stolen or lost, or I had to give it back to me friend, I will definately buy it.

child_of_bodom_
    dude are u ****ign crazy ? COb have still got all that greta talent and they definitly show it on this album if u wer dissapointed then u aint a true fan mother****er! as the song goes till tomorrow is a better day to be ur better off dead than ****ing withme!!!! now go get a life an stop ****ign around and ragging on talented bands my only guess is thast u listen to greenday dude **** you!
    child_of_bodom_
    dude thank u finally someone who shares my opinions on the hatecrew! smoke crack and worship satan morther****er!!! HATECREW FOR LIFE!!!