Are You Dead Yet? review by Children of Bodom

• Released: Sep 19, 2005
Children of Bodom: Are You Dead Yet?

Children Of Bodom is a very unique band because of the combination of instruments they use. They have a blend of heavy, drop-tuned, guitars and keyboards, along with heavy bass and up-tempo drumming. Every album shows progress and slight changes in their style. In my opinion, this is their best album. Alexi Laiho (lead guitar, lead vocals) is such a great musician and writes some amazing songs for this album.

Alexi has really improved as a singer on this album. On their album "Follow The Reaper" he pretty much screamed out all the tracks. While he doesn't abandon that scream on the new album, his vocals sound better. If you do not like hardcore screaming in your music, then "Are You Dead Yet" isn't for you. The lyrics fall right into place with the guitar rhythm behind it.

This is probably the best hardcore album in stores right now. If you like harcore metal or thrash metal, this is a great album to buy. My favorite songs on the album are: "Are You Dead Yet", "In Your Face", and "If You Want Peace... Prepare For War". Another underated song on the album is "Living Dead Beat". The only song I don't like that much is "Punch Me I Bleed". The other thing I don't like about the album is there is only 10 songs on it. I think they could have had a few more, considered it was released three years after their previous album. If I lost/or had this album stolen, I'd definetly buy another copy. It is just a great mixture of songs.