Are You Dead Yet? review by Children of Bodom

• Released: Sep 19, 2005
Children of Bodom: Are You Dead Yet?

The sound on this album is just absolutely astounding. Alexi Laiho is one skilled lead guitarits I'll tell you that much right now, his solos in the songs he does are just insane and he can shred like a motherf--ker. Roope is a really good rhythm guitar player and during the solos and the riffs he backs up the lead guitar really, really well. Henkka is an amazing bassist and he can do some really sick shit with that instrument. Jaska is an amazing drummer and he plays with them with such an attitude and you can tell that when he is drumming it's not like a 10 minute idea, he probably thinks about it until he gets it right and heavy as f--k. Janne is an amazing keyboardist and every song has amazing keyboards in it and most of the songs this guy did have such amazing keyboard solos that is unbelieveable! So the sound basically kicked major ass!

Alexi Laiho has improved a lot in singing, he has gotten darker and more brutal on this album. On this album you can understand what Laiho is saying in some songs and that is what I really like about this album because they scream and sing about the same amount I think. Alexi is an amazing vocalist but not the best vocalist out there, he is 2nd or 3rd in my death metal category opinion (first being Randy Blythe from Lamb of God). Anyways the lyrics on this album are mostly about what a death metal band would write about (pain, death, suffering etc). So yes they improved a lot in the lyric range.

Children Of Bodom are one of my favourite bands along with Pantera, Metallica and a shitload of other insane metal bands out there in the world. I don't have any favourite songs on this album because all of them kicked complete ass. I love everything about this album, the guitar, the guitar solos, the keyboard and the solos Janne does on that thing, the bass is brutal and drums are just amazing. I absolutely hate nothing about this album and I love everything about it. If it were stolen/lost I would defenitely buy it again because it kicks complete ass. So get this album anyone if your a true metalhead get it, you will be blown away.

Frozen Side
    This album kicked my ass so strong that i flew up in the air for a while. Heavy, melodic, fast...almost the ultimate combination (the only missing part, by my opinion, is some prog influences)...
    pinkvelocity
    ok, [unregistered] who gave the album a six, by at the end of the intro, you must mean THE END OF THE ****ing song right? dont post crappy reviews, so that people looking to buy the album get redirected to other s***ty music
    Mavanas
    I was very let down by CoB on this album. I still think Something Wild is the best one. With Hatecrew trailing.