Blooddrunk review by Children of Bodom

• Released: Apr 15, 2008
Children of Bodom: Blooddrunk

Children of Bodom somehow have this amazing ability to just get better with every record, this new release is no different. Blooddrunk is the bands heaviest release so far, but despite this it is still very melodical, due to Janne's fantastic keyboard playing, and Alexi's amazing guitar abilities! This is especially evident on the tracks "Hellbounds On My Trail", "Tie My Rope" and "Banned From Heaven". The production of this release is exceptional! It is extremely well engineered, fantastic use of panning, you can hear each instrument very easily and clearly.

As with most of Children of Bodoms music, it is very difficult to tell what is being sung most of the time, making this section irrelevant. Although the lyrics that can be heard seem to make sense and fit well with the music, heres an excerpt from "Tie my rope": "Tell me why, so I can quietly bitch and moan/To this light, that I'm not going down!/Hang me by, the rope you tied for me!/Lift me up, while I'm still alive!"

Children Of Bodom are by far the best band in their genre. They're playing Download Fest this year and should be headlining! The fact they aren't is shamefull and the organisers should be destroyed. I don't think this is their best album, but that is in no way implying that this isnt an amazing album, because it is! My personal favourites are Hatebreeder and Are You Dead Yet, and this new release is a lot heavier, but as I say, it's a great album and very worth a listen. My personal favourite tracks are, Tie My Rope, Done With Everything Die For Nothing, and Banned From Heaven. If this album was stolen/lost I would definately re-purchase it! it's a very worth-while purchase and has quite a few memorible tracks present that wont be out of your head for days.