Blooddrunk review by Children of Bodom

• Released: Apr 15, 2008
Children of Bodom: Blooddrunk

Well as many Children of Bodom fans should know there yet to be released album Blooddrunk has been leaked so I'm going to let you all who yet to have obtained a copy how great it is. Though definately not as heavy as their first albums but just as good. There are points in the album that are more progresive, which doesn't really suit there sound. They ease on the volume of the drums but the speed remains. Keyboard wise they have more than doubled the intencity, volume, and the speed which creates a sound somewhat like Dragon Force, guitar wise they remain heavy as ever before, unlike "Are You Dead Yet?" the speed of the guitars is stronger than some of their previous albums. They still have their covers that are almost impossible to take seriously, yet make you listen to them constantly.

As always Alexi has great and even at the softer point during the songs he still sings heavy as ever. One of the great things about this albums vocals it's a lot easier to understand what Alexi is saying. Alexi's vocals are like a good whisky, they improve with age.

Hands down the two songs that really stick out are "Banned From Heaven" and "Blooddrunk" which really get my blood flowing. Great stuff the whole way through. Even if you do download it before release you should still buy the cd, not only to add to your collection, but to keep a great band making music and touring for years of headbanging to come.

Shread_6009
    who says alexi is sloppy? id give it all to play with half the presicion he has. I hate people that keep comparing albums; just because you made a musical masterpiece 5 years ago doesnt mean your next album if gonna be equal to or better. as long as the album is decent, with an exellent song or two, its a sucess in my book. COB PLAYING IN MONTREAL THIS WEEKEND W/ MEGADETH!!! FUCK YA
    bignuts20
    metal_dclxvi wrote: Children Of Bodom is going mainstream....and down the ****in drain. Ever since BAM did viva la bands, all of the emos started liking COB. It's ****ing bullshit. Bring the old COB back! Back to the follow the reaper days when you knew how to make a good melodic death metal song.
    You're an idiot, don't start hating on a band just because certain people start listening to them.
    tbarrettl
    So far this sounds much better than Are you Dead Yet? though I agree on their popularity but I like their sound no matter who the fans are.
    Dethkreep
    So dissapointed by this album. I enjoyed it, just not as much I expected. Ever since Hatebreeder Bodoms been a different band. Hatebreeder was still pretty progressive and melodic though. Just Bloodrunk and AYDY seem so far from what Bodom was in Something Wild. Maybe one day when Alexi stops being so "aggressive" we'll hear some good old Bodom style stuff. I must say though, Lobodomy has become one of my favorite Bodom songs.
    metal_dclxvi
    plectrum911
    Even if bodom "ripped off" LOG im sure they did it with permission. They're all friends. They also went on tour together and Willie nicknamed Roope "Durito". If you want to be really ignorant you could say most musicians are rip offs because most of them use theory. Who cares music is music!
    ShredderOmega
    Alexi's only sloppier than Roope as Roope has a higher alcohol tolerance A joke, Roope and Alexi both play things the other can't. I don't think ANY of their albums sound like DT or DF though O_o I also don't think they have been in decline either, I have favourites (plus songs I don't like, mostly their not-so-good-covers) from al albums, Helliona dn Rebel yell covers, Are You Dead Yet?, Sixpounder, In the Shadows, Kissing the Shadows and of course Tie My Rope
    BurningTheLives
    Kornholic wrote: They ripped Lamb of God off on this album. I wonder which way they'll go next.
    Great job with telling us how they did so, because I certainly cannot point it out.
    phenom1991
    Theres more balance that could be gained with a couple more melodies in such a heavy album!
    phenom1991
    As a metal album Blooddrunk is 9/10. As a bodom album its a 8 out of 10. Its above average but still not great or perfect like FTR.
    COBHC1234567
    Bodoms new album is awesome even though it cant compare to hatebreedere and follow the reaper
    Mr. President
    Alexi is a pretty girl, and this album sucks. Bodom have been in decline since Follow the Reaper, when they actually were progressive and innovative.
    GNR'n'A7X
    GIGANTOUR! Can't ****in' wait, great record, too. My personal favorite is Follow the Reaper but I like boththeir old and new stuff, no acception here. -DDP
    bathroomboy
    Hatebreeder days are over people! It's not 1999 anymore. Just because Blooddrunk's a bit different doesn't mean it's bad, but Follow The Reaper is still the best imo. Also the first line in Blooddrunk is "Unquenchable thirst burns you inside," not whatever UG wrote
    In-Jeenyus
    HateBreeder & Hate Crew deathroll, are crazy. Blooddrunk is pretty wicked too though.
    genresrforposer
    Saw them in Dallas tonight, they were great (and I spent 50 bucks on both a Blooddrunk t and a CD) but I really wished they would play ANYTHING from Something Wild. No dice. I was dissapointed by my own somewhat unfair expectations. I REALLY want to see them (my fave band) have the type of set time Megadeth had. How's that happen? Buy any of their albums people. Buy them NOW! They NEED to headline a tour.
    vIsIbleNoIsE
    Devil_Driver23 wrote: Why must people always compare a band's previous works to their newer ones? That's just plain stupid. Judge this album for what IT is, if you want to hear HCDR and Are You Dead Yet go and listen to them. I personally thought this was a great album
    use your brain. people compare a band's work to previous works because they're wishing that the band could have done more stuff in the vein of the previous works. but in this case, they have pretty much abandoned their old style. of course, if they kept doing hatebreeder-type stuff and never changed their style it would draw criticism from some, but those people suck. good is good.
    Devil_Driver23
    wtf_dude69
    They would be an amazing band if they didn't ****ing scream. very dissapointing
    COBHC728
    I admit that AYDY was a step down from HCDR, but Blooddrunk is that step back up. Let's hear some more stuff like follow the reaper next!
    thbeekk
    I enjoyed a larger number of songs on "Are You Dead Yet?" but I think some of the songs on "Blooddrunk" are better than the songs on "Are You Dead Yet?". I think 'Banned From Heaven' is one of the best COB songs from the past three albums. Overall, I am disappointed but the record still has its moments.
    thbeekk
    Seb1uk
    tbh I didn't think this album was that great. I only listen to half of the songs still. I wish they'd go back to some of their older stuff like Kissing the Shadows but with the kickass power that an album like Are You Dead Yet? had
    OzzyRulzzz99
    well after reading everysingle one of your guys' reviews..ive came to the conclusion that half of you guys like the classic hard rock metal upbeat. and the other half, likes the MELODIC riffs and unique sounds like follow the reaper. and CoB's new album is definitely more hardcore like their old ones. and from a musicians view point such as myself.. i can play almost every single one of their songs (kissing the shadows, the nail, follow the reaper, etc..) and i personally like the MELODIC metal they did.. just because its so unique and original, rather then head banging metal (which i like! dont get me wrong at all..) anyways..ill continue to support CoB till the end!
    Funeral Moon
    I got this album in the mail last thursday, and it is quite awesome. But it isn't their heaviest. I'd say Hatebreeder is their heaviest, and their best. And I'm not an elitist metalhead, I hate elitists. I like the older albums more than the newer ones, but I love all Bodom.
    awsomeguitarguy
    awsomeguitarguy wrote: I think that they have to add some real singing no matter how aggressive they want to be, it kind of ruins the awesome guitar stuff in their verses
    what I meant to say was that his screaming the entire time ruins the instrumental stuff sometimes
    awsomeguitarguy
    SG Man Forever wrote: I personally think this album is their heaviest, but their best album is Hatebreeder, almost tying with Follow the Reaper .
    hatebreeder? thats not on Itunes... when was it released? Reaper?
    .Will.
    I'm sorry but this album is nowhere near as good as their earlier stuff. The lyrics are dreadful and the songs sound like they are just re-using old ideas. No I am not an "elitist metalhead" as some of you would put it.
    OzzyRulzzz99
    i would also like to say the only song i really like from Bloodrunk is Done with Everything.. by far the best, next would have to be Baned from Heaven.. Hellounds and Bloodrunk didnt strike me at all, yea its heavy but never got "into" it...
    haste/the/day
    defiantly agree
    BulletCrazy
    Kanthras wrote: Is it just me or did Alexi become a pretty boy?
    alexi is the exact opposite of "pretty boy"
    Edde
    pretty much what undeaded said. even if you didnt like AYDY, i would recommend giving this a listen.
    vivek_shredz
    only heard banned from heaven what others are great musically...dont care about the lyrics...
    ParkerScks
    lol i like all there stuff but... hatebreeder and are you dead yet are my favorite ones