Blooddrunk review by Children of Bodom

• Released: Apr 15, 2008
Children of Bodom: Blooddrunk

This is by far the heaviest album COB have crafted since, well ever. The guitar work of ALexi on this album is amazing, especially considering the shoulder injury he had. They seem more chuggise (think Sixpounder) on some songs such as the title track and "Tie My Rope", while others have the signiture virtuoso work of Alexi on "Hellhounds on My Trail" and "Lobodomy". While the guitar work is amazing the drumming and keyboard work is equal, if not better, just listen to the drum intro of "Lobodomy" (whih kinda remnds me of the intro to "Corpral Jigsaw Quandry" by Carcass), and the simply mezmerizing keyboard work on "Banned From Heaven".

While the lyrics are the same, not bad, but more sub-par lyrics of old, Alexi's voice has become what any COB fan could want. It has a cleaner (I said cleaner, not singing still screaming) more focused sound to it which gives the album a more opressive feel to it.

This is by far the best COB album since Hatebreeder. In my opinion it is the second best album of the past 2 years (behind "Ire Works" by The Dillinger Escape Plan). From the industrial keyboards (great job Janne) to the virtuoso work of Alexi and Roope, this album nears perfection. I recommend it for all COB fans and any Metal Heads out there who are looking for the next best thing.

slayerkills
    Kornholic wrote: They ripped Lamb of God off on this album. I wonder which way they'll go next.
    hahahahahhaaa, oh yeah and they stole most of the riffs from BFMV. Kornholic, something tells me you don't really know what your talking about, but i just can't put my finger on it... no offense to BFMV, great guitarists, although their singer doesn't do it for me.
    The Black Salts
    A lot of people seem to think hatebreeder is Bodom's best album, but Follow the Reaper is better. Hatebreeder has some awesome neoclassical sections but that's the only thing that makes it stand out. In general the riffs from follow the reaper are better and the solo's are more complex. Also, Follow the reaper has much better flow; hatebreeder has some parts that don't stream together as nicely.
    nirvana4lf
    i am extraordinarily surprised by all these positive reviews of blooddrunk. i listened to it, and thought it was below average, a step down from their last album which i didnt like either. used to be a big fan, but theyre just getting more and mroe cliche and boring... really disappointed with bodom :-\
    Donkey Fly
    megathrash00
    this was leaked on the internet months ago...kinda sucks for the band but cool for the fans...i was never able to get into bodom anyway cuz i dont like the singing style although i love the guitar on the tracks
    megathrash00
    sgreenhalgh
    I bought the new album, it's good, it has a lot of variety. Blooddrunk has a great melody.
    Scampi666
    megathrash00 wrote: Donkey Fly wrote: Scampi666 wrote: Real bodom fans wont complain about which albums are best, which guys are getting the most attention, or who Bodom are supposedly ripping off now... They shut up, sit down, listen to the album, enjoy it and appriciate what Alexi and the crew are doing and where theyre heading with their music. Theyre maturing. Personally, I think its an excellent album with some brilliant riffs, bringing back the insane keyboard lines from earlier alums and incorporating the heavier guitars from AYDY. Its a good mix of the FTR and AYDY. +1 It annoys the hell out of me when so called fans argue about which albums are best. it annoys the hell out of me when people are fans of bands and they think that they have to love everything the band releases...bands change some people stay with bands like theyre their family...its ok to like one album and not like the other...i hate people like scampi666 who think that the fans have to listen to the music and love what they hear no matter how shitty it may really sound...u think u no the band on a personal level...99 percent of the bands out there make music to make money, theyre not doing the fans a favor..without their music they would be homeless drunks and drug addicts...now theyre just rich drunks and drug addicts
    Im not saying you have to like it. Im saying its good to appriciate what the artist is doing. I dont know the band on a personal level (and would never be stupid enough to claim something like that), and its a bit of a sweeping statement to claim that 99% of bands just want money and are alcoholic, drug-addicted would-be hobo's. You dont know this for a fact, and not all bands are loaded... For your information, I myself dont like every album Bodom, or most other bands I like, have done. For example, Im not crazy about hellhounds on my trail, and I think something wild is a slightly over-rated album. People may disagree with me, and thats fine, People have a right to an opinion. But I think its unfair of you to make assumptions about me and claim you hate me. Its just a bit pointless really. Anyway, this isnt a thread to argue on, so Im done. Hope people are enjoying the album like I have. =]
    tbarrettl
    Lamb of God has been ripping off them for years they just sound like themselves again.