Blooddrunk review by Children of Bodom

• Released: Apr 15, 2008
Children of Bodom: Blooddrunk

Childen Of Bodom hav definately changed up their overall sound since their first albums. But, it is definately for the better. They are experimenting with some really heavy riffs, both in vocals and in the instruments. Their sound is a lot more complex and more heavy than their previous work, with songs like Hellhounds on my Trail, and the title track Blooddrunk. There is definately a huge thrash element Alexi and Roope have incorperated in their work. The phenomonal and lightning fast keyboards have also changed up with more power metal like work on the songs. With pounding drums, prescisive guitar, along with wonderful vocals, another graet album with some really good sound has been made by COB.

The lyrics haven't changed much, and are as agressive as ever before. The lyrics and vocals are a very key part in the entire COB sound. Although the screams could be timed alittle better in some songs, thei is no serious change up in the vocals from previous work. The sound as mentioned before is a little heavier, with the incorperation of more thrash like singing.

Children have made another sick album that needs to be heard about. I'd advise you all to get out and go buy this album, it's a great. It was totally worth the fourteen dollars I spent on it. The one bad element to this song is Alexis screams sometimes do not go along with the instruments. Aside from that, an almost perfect sound in general. Some personal favorite songs of mine are Hellhounds On My Trail, Blooddrunk, Tie My Rope, and Done With Everything, Die For Nothing. If this album were stolen or lost, I would go kill the prick who stole it, or get a new copy without a doubt. The very last song on the album is not listed on the CD, it's a sick cover.

Pyro_TheVampire
    +1 And isnt COB's genre called neoclassical?
    BAoxymoron
    phenom1991 wrote: say5ss2 wrote: Man.. this is old news I bet you downloaded it you little punk.
    I downloaded it too. and i liked it so much i went out and bought it that night so that they could get the money... there is nothing wrong with downloading it for trying it out purposes
    -Collapse-
    I love Children of Bodom, but this album was ALL recycled riffs. I was heavily Disappointed that I could pick out everything they had ripped straight from AYDY.
    ParkerScks
    Glam-Hammer wrote: Kornholic : They ripped Lamb of God off on this album. I wonder which way they'll go next. And LoG failed to be Pantera...right?
    lol lamb of god are my favorite band... they sound nothing like bodom at all each band are on two totally diffrant pages, but there in the same book. if ya get ma drift. if you canty tell the diffrance between log and cof then you need ure ears testing my g/f dosent even lisen metal and she laughfed at that. and log did not rip pantera eather. there my 2nd favorite band and again lamb of god are totally diffrant, i mean they take influance but log play a lot faster than pantera your probbly one of those kids who has only herd redneck anyway great album, its clear to see bodom arnt dead yet
    heartagram256
    BUY THIS ALBUM. Its definately worth the money. i got the day after it came out and LOVED it. Bodom never cease to amaze me with their perfect blend of Alexi Laiho's guitar and Janne Wirman's keyboards.
    perilouspete
    BurningTheLives wrote: Divinephyton wrote: This album is barely metal...it's pop; just has some elements from it. But it's pop. It's a mix between Metal and Progressive. Just because it isn't Cannibal Corpse doesn't mean it isn't metal.
    AMEN
    TiDyCaTT900
    CaRveItiNbass
    I think that this album was a lot better than the last one. Out of all of their albums, this one comes in 2nd place. For some reason, Follow the Reaper will always have the throne for me, and Something Wild will always be last. It was the most blackmetal inspired album, although neoclassical, it just didn't do it for me. Oh, and i just saw the band in Philly 2 days ago, Hellhounds and Blooddrunk sound AMAZING live. PS: Alexi is the ultimate frontman (he hit a whammy harmonic with his tongue... HIS F U C K I N G TONGUE, PEOPLE)
    postmortem2006
    lmao @ half these comments. I partially retract my previous comment - after listening to the title track a few times over its IS growing on me. But my main problem is the keyboards, I don't like my metal mixed with keyboards unless its King Diamond Still, I might ask my friend to burn me a copy and if the rest of the album grows on me like the title track has, then I'll buy it.
    xCoilx
    Devil_Driver23 wrote: Why must people always compare a band's previous works to their newer ones? That's just plain stupid. Judge this album for what IT is, if you want to hear HCDR and Are You Dead Yet go and listen to them. I personally thought this was a great album
    trueeee
    pyritmann
    haha as if someone thinks this is pop, ohhh man, you would have to take millions of notes of each beats and slow each bar down a few hours to make this pop, anyways what i've heard of this album sounds really solid and still remains very bodomish.
    BurningTheLives
    Gregray88
    Divinephyton wrote: Gregray88 wrote: Divinephyton wrote: This album is barely metal...it's pop; just has some elements from it. But it's pop. LMFAO you are stupid. Do you know what "pop" means? POPULAR! Do you really think this album is gonna make it on in the top 10 on mtv or much music? I dont think so. You have no idea what you are talking about. vIsIbleNoIsE wrote: Divinephyton wrote: This album is barely metal...it's pop; just has some elements from it. But it's pop. what the hell are you trying to prove? that you're badass? jesus christ. A) Learn what metal is. B) Compared to metal, this is pop.
    LEARN WHAT NETAL IS!!!! ITS ALL I LISTEN TO U FAG!!!! I dont see how this isnt metal, ita bodom, they are metal. PERIOD. It is obvious you have NO idea what you are talking about and just because Bodom has switched they're sound to a more thrashy sound does NOT mean that it is "pop". Now **** off.
    Divinephyton
    A) Learn what metal is. B) Compared to metal, this is pop.
    TooFast
    To be honest, no. Lamb and Pantera are so much different in styles.
    vIsIbleNoIsE
    what the hell are you trying to prove? that you're badass? jesus christ.
    Tumble-weed
    Follow the Reaper being my favorite album, I was extremely disappointed with AYDY? and this album is no different. It's not AS bad as AYDY but I still didn't like it. And what does everyone see in Tie My Rope? It's a terrible song! :S It's not a good year for popular melodic-death metal bands so far (In Flames' A Sense a Purpose and now this...)
    Glam-Hammer
    And LoG failed to be Pantera...right?
    Glam-Hammer
    And Lamb of God tried to be Pantera and failed. Though they have some good tunes. -- Regardless, CoB are awesome. Stfu being bitchy about them either getting a wider audience (oh like having more fans is always a band thing..) or evolving their sound (because writing every album with the same sound is difficult anyway...). it's retarded. And Black Symphony....Kalmah are awesome
    perilouspete
    are you ****ing kidding me? you must be. i like them and listen to both bands all the time, but the bottom line is CoB>LoG....talent-wise, LoG doesn't even compare. I was very stoked to see that Blooddrunk debuted at #22 on Billboard...that's so huge for a heavy metal band. and considering Are You Dead Yet only made #199. it just goes to show that Children of Bodom are now getting to the forefront of metal, and as well they should. They are easily one of the best metal bands out there right now, and this album is proof. The more I listen to it the more I like it. BODOM FOR THE WIN
    King ofKumbucha
    This seals it... Bodom will never be as great as the Hatebreeder - Reaper era. Oh well. *Listens to Origin - Algorithm*
    TranquilNight
    Pyro_TheVampire wrote: tbarrettl wrote: Kornholic wrote: They ripped Lamb of God off on this album. I wonder which way they'll go next. Lamb of God has been ripping off them for years they just sound like themselves again. +1 And isnt COB's genre called neoclassical?
    not anymore >
    phenom1991
    awsomeguitarguy wrote: awsomeguitarguy wrote: I think that they have to add some real singing no matter how aggressive they want to be, it kind of ruins the awesome guitar stuff in their verses what I meant to say was that his screaming the entire time ruins the instrumental stuff sometimes
    .....no
    Gregray88
    TiDyCaTT900 wrote: man u people whine so much..Hey, am I the only one that thinks Alexi is similar in vocal style to that of Chuck in the death metal band Death??
    YESSSS!!!!! The first time i heard Bodom I tought it was Chuck Schuldiner lol. Finally someone else who agrees!!!!