Chaos Ridden Years - Stockholm Knockout Live review by Children of Bodom

• Released: Dec 5, 2006
Children of Bodom: Chaos Ridden Years - Stockholm Knockout Live

Probably the greatest live band I've ever heard! Full of energy and able to pull off anything! The songs sound just like they do on the CD, but with bits added in, to give some variation. I definitely advise buying all their albums, as each one is different in sound and structure, but each as good as the next one!

Lyrics are kick ass, not the main feature of the band, as they write awesome solos and interludes. Frontman Laiho along with other members of the band write lyrics that suit the song itself, and don't just throw words into the music. Not some of the greatest lyrics I've heard, it has to be said, but still some great ones that illustrate how the band feel about certain people or places, or events that have happened.

One of my all time favourite bands! The live album has brilliant quality and the sound was perfect, unlike another live album I happened to buy and then regret! This album features a good mix of old and new songs, which kept me listening! Another thing which makes this album, and the show itself great was the interaction between Alexi and the crowd, and the playfulness of Laiho and Warman during "Clash Of The Booze Brothers."

cookadam
    get the dvd, its well worth it. lots of bonus features, every music video they have...its sweet
    Leonheart
    The playing was spot-on. I definitely recommend it. I might write a review later.
    rocker301
    this cd is so amazing.. the only complaint is that they have some volume issues to work out. The guitars and the keyboards need to balance out instead of having the keyboards so loud. But none the less it is still a great concert!
    Jdawg5tl
    dude this dvd is bad ass. very inspiring. the bonus shit is good. the only bad thing is you may catch a glimpse of one of the members naked on the bonus features. good performance though. i can look at someone and get a good judgement on their views. it carries the show along pretty well b/c they are a kick ass band, more than most will ever understand. very good show though, they recorded a cd in slayer's studio, that right there is ****in awesome. that lvanta dude or whatever can ****in rip, the older dude. old dude is out shredding like a mother ****er, great leads and rhythms. plus you can tell he's seen and been through some shit, drunk most of the time on the set. so that adds alot, ha, you can tell he's reclusive as shit to, kind of reminds me of myself in that sense, but he is probably a way better player than me as far as playing in time, and playing it out so smooth and cleanly. just watching this dvd should make you want to learn some of their songs. ha, bad ass band. alexi is in the lamb of god dvd i think to ( on the tour bus, chillin back drinkin , right before some foreign dude tells will alder to show him ..... its kind of ****ed up, but its funny ). you should check that one out to, kick ass set, long, lots of good songs. beer time.
    blindman-07
    4coustiks
    vIsIbleNoIsE : the sound quality seemed worse than tokyo warhearts, and a little sloppy playing! but still really awesome i'll say to u that the tokyo show is nothing compare tu stockholm
    Trynstopme
    metalmillitia91
    this concert is full kickass metal yhe first time i watched the dvd i was blown off cob ****ing ripped my head off
    tylerkoontz
    Trynstopme wrote: blindman-07 wrote: i agree with Jdawg5tl about the whole nudiuty thing i mean i love cob but i dont wana see them nude.and who cares about ROOPE LATVALA alexi is way betta who cares? >_>; Bodom wouldnt be bodom without him. Alexi looked up to Roope as a guitarist >_>; how often do YOU get to be in a band with someone you look up to? and Roope plays more of the solo's anyway cause Alexi has to sing.
    actually Alexi does play all the solos in the live and recording stage but roope is still a very talented guitarist alexi is juwst way more talented
    scytheofbodom
    It's deffinitelly worth to buy this dvd+cd.I must have seen/heard it a hundred times and everytime it's get better and better.My only regret is that i wasn't on any of their gigs yet.