Chaos Ridden Years - Stockholm Knockout Live [DVD] review by Children of Bodom

• Released: Dec 5, 2006
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 8
Children of Bodom: Chaos Ridden Years - Stockholm Knockout Live [DVD]

What to say about Children Of Bodom? Well, they're the greatest thing that stepped out of Finland ever, and for the past year, they've been the greatest band to grace my eardrums. This melodic death metal band hit Stockholm boozed up, and ready to go! As Alexi keeps up his fine screams and insanely fast riffs/solos, the rest of the band keeps up. Henka with his chugging bass work that isn't phoned out at all, Janne with his amazing metal mixed with classic keyboard style, Roope with the rhythm riffs that keep the song alive, and Jaska with his amazing drum fills and double bass. I honestly thought they would be better on the album, but nothing is compared to Children Of Bodom, live.

Content — 10
This live concert DVD holds one amazing concert, and a good amount of bonus features. The set list is amazing, including stuff from 5 of their albums, including some stuff you can only get when they play live, such as a kick ass drum solo, Alexi's guitar God skills versus Janne Warman's master keyboard playing, and Roope Latvala showing that rhythm guitarists can solo just as good as lead. Bonus stuff aside from the concert that you can't get on the album, is a documentary of how the band came here today, a making of Stockholm Live video, deleted scenes, a photo gallery, and, my favorite, 7 music videos from some of their best including Are You Dead Yet?, Downfall, Deadnight Warrior, Everytime I Die, In Your Face (my personal favorite), Sixpounder, and Trashed, Lost & Strungout (plus, you find out a little secret about Alexi and Janne in the documentary).

Production Quality — 8
It was kind of disappointing seeing the first song. You could barely hear the lead guitar, mainly rhythm, and on their best song (my opinion), Living Dead Beat. A pretty weak opening but by song 3, you can hear the lead guitar perfectly and everything sounds just the way it should. I was surprised to hear how good Alexi sounds live, mainly because most vocalists fail to be as good as they are on the album when playing live. Everything blended in nicely. The guitars, drums, keyboards, bass. Nothing was phoned out or taken away. It was Bodom at their best. It may have been on my TV, but I felt as if I was at that freaking concert, moshing with the people in the front row pit.

No band can compare to Children Of Bodom in my opinion. Not to mention that they are life changing live, even if it was only a DVD. The best part about this DVD was the reason anyone buys a concert DVD in the first place, the concert. Words can't describe how amazing these guys are live. The best part of the concert is Clash Of The Booze Brothers (Laiho vs. Warman). This is a clash of two completely different instruments taken up a notch. Soloing, one after the other, until they decide that's enough. It will blow your mind balls away, guaranteed. The worst part, how they took their best song, put it as their opening, but messed up the lead parts. I could barely hear anything. But all is forgiven when they play 15 songs that would make any Bodom fans day. If this were stolen or lost, I'd buy this again in a heartbeat. Then I'd buy the CD version so I can finally put it on my iPod, but until then.

xavengedx
    CHILDREN OF BODOM IS FRIGGING AWSOME!!! they r my FAV band EVER! hell yeah that dvd is ganna kick @$$!!!
    006schecter
    Great DVD, brilliant playing from all the band. The sound was a bit dodgy at some points though, you would see Alexi play a lick, but you cant hear it which was a shame Asides from that, pretty much flawless.