Chaos Ridden Years - Stockholm Knockout Live [DVD] review by Children of Bodom

• Released: Dec 5, 2006
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
Children of Bodom: Chaos Ridden Years - Stockholm Knockout Live [DVD]

Children of Bodom are a melodic/power metal band from Finland. They are one of the most intense bands around today, blending blazing guitar riffs with harmonizing keyboards and a tight rhythm section. The undeniable COB sound comes from Alexi Laiho's growl/screaming vocals and virtuoso guitar playing. Alexi really showcases his guitar playing on this DVD, there is even a guitar/synth dual solo featured on this disk that is absolutely mind blowing. Even if Children of Bodom isn't your favorite band the music and virtuosity displayed on this disk would still justify buying a copy just to watch the true art of metal music at its best.

Content — 10
I have never been more pleased with a single DVD from any band. This DVD not only features a perfect selection of Children of Bodom's best songs but a full documentary and all of their music videos. This DVD has everything any Bodom fan could ever ask for! The concert is flawless, the biography of the band is not only very insightful but extremely funny at times. The amount of content on this DVD is definitely worth twice the price of the DVD.

Production Quality — 10
This is a very professional DVD. The concert features many camera angles and really highlights the right person at the right time. During solo's Alexi is always shown, intros the keyboards are usually highlighted etc. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the production of the DVD.

Chaos Ridden Years is a phenomenal display of sheer talent by the Bodom crew. This DVD is proof that Bodom are a true force of nature and can put on one of the most impressive shows that I have ever seen. The visual effects used during the show are of epic proportions. Flames, lights, fog, and even half a car are used as props. The best part about the DVD is definately the ammount of stuff on it, concerts, music videos and interviews. The replay value of this disk is the best of any DVD I have ever owned, I watch parts of it almost ever day. I would definately buy this DVD if I ever lost it! I can not recomend this DVD enough!