Chaos Ridden Years - Stockholm Knockout Live [DVD] review by Children of Bodom

• Released: Dec 5, 2006
  • Content: 9
  • Production Quality: 10
Children of Bodom: Chaos Ridden Years - Stockholm Knockout Live [DVD]

The sound of Children of Bodom live is pretty good. They sound almost spot on on most of the songs, of course there are always a few songs That should just be studio songs, and on this DVD, most of those are the AYDY songs. The story is basically just to give all of the fans the experience of a Bodom concert at home, and to show the history of the band on the documentary. I love the long drum solo that they put on here, Jaska really shows off his skill, and they really show Alwexander's shredding skills, and Janne's skills at keyboard when they have their little "instrument face offs". It is a very energetic concert also, which makes it fun to watch.

Content — 9
The DVD has a live show, a documentary, music videos, and outtakes, which all have quite a bit of footage, so It's worth the money. It's a live concert, where they played their best songs, and they did a really good job of mixing up old and new songs, although I think there should've been maybe 2, 3, maybe even 4 more Hatebreeder and Something Wild songs, but still it was really good, and I was pretty satisfied.

Production Quality — 10
The production is really good. The live show sounds really good, like it was recorded in a studio (obviously it wasn't). They did a really good job of mashing all of the scenes together in the documentary, and overall I was just really impressed with how professional it is.

The most impressive thing is probably the live show and the documentary, there is a lot of footage for both, which with them alone you get your 20 dollars worth, and then they have the deleted outtakes, and music videos, so it's even better. I basically just love how entertaining it was, and cool the live performance was, but I hate that on the music videos, you can't just listen to all of them, you have to listen to one, and then scroll through the menu and pick another, it's just kind of a pain. I wouldn't definetly buy it again if it were stolen, I got 2 other band DVDs for Christmas, and this is easily the best one by a mile.

Josherz
    Amazing dvd.So much content.A must buy for any and all C.O.B fans.I bought it twice because i thought i lost it.