Follow The Reaper review by Children of Bodom

• Released: Feb 20, 2001
Children of Bodom: Follow The Reaper

Children Of Bodom are unlike any other metal band out there right now. The music is heavy as hell and very catchy. Alexi's ability to fuse classical influences with metal is phenomenal.

The lyrics on this album are superb. Some of them are hard to follow at times but hey, that's what the booklet that comes with the CD is for right? Alexi is a very talented singer. He writes what comes to his head and doesn't care how dark it is. I like that in a singer/songwriter. The lyrics flow greatly with the music. On tracks like "Hate Me" and "Everytime I Die," the lyrics are extremely catchy and I find myself sing ing these songs whenever they come on.

As far as this album goes, it's pretty good. I think Something Wild and Hatebreeder are heavier in terms of music and lyrics, though. The best songs on this album would have to be "Hate Me," "Bodom After Midnight," "Mask Of Sanity" and the bonus track "Hellion." The solos on this album are incredible and floor me everytime I hear them. Alexi Laiho makes sweep picking sound easy and he uses this in a lot of songs on the album. It was kind of a bummer that thet album only had 10 tracks on it. If this album were ever lost or stolen I would go out and but it again in a heart beat.