Follow The Reaper review by Children of Bodom

• Released: Feb 20, 2001
Children of Bodom: Follow The Reaper

Children Of Bodom's best CD in my opinion. Alexi Laiho is still a freak, and just keeps getting better. Finland, you have to be very proud of these guys! And again, you have a cover with the Grim Reaper and a scythe. Alexi and Co. did a fantastic job at maintaining their image and melodic death metal and thrash. Nothing more to say there.

If you can figure out what Laiho is saying, they are awesome lyrics, especially in the song Follow The Reaper (track 1). The way that he plays lead and sings at the same time is bloody amazing. But a warning: Laiho's voice takes quite a while to get used to, so yeah. Just so you know.

As all you COB fans know, there is no other band in the world that compares to these guys, and their only album that I think does is Hate Crew Deathroll. The most impressive songs on the album would have to be Follow The Reaper, Children Of Decadence and Hellion (WASP cover). What I love about the album is that all of the songs are awesome, not just where you put three songs on your iPod and delete the others. If it was stolen, I would cry, and then buy it. Or get it off a friend.

vIsIbleNoIsE
    as of now, i have everything up to Are You Dead Yet?, and this is definitely my favorite. to me, the worst song on this album is Northern Comfort, and it rocks.
    Shreddin 4 Life
    Yeah, I gotta agree with saying it's their best. That last song (in the original release), "Kissing The Shadows", is my favourite, great melody, riffage & above all: killer solos!!! COB forever!