Follow The Reaper review by Children of Bodom

• Released: Feb 20, 2001
Children of Bodom: Follow The Reaper

The sound is amazing on this whole album. Alexi's guitar work is amazing. All of the harmonizing keyboards and guitars gives the songs almost a power metal quality. Alexi's singing is often overshadowed by his guitarwork, but his screams are harsh and heavy, just like any black/death metal lover likes it. His guitar solos are above most of the other bands around. not to mention the gutwrenching drum work.

The lyrics on this album some people might call weak and not thought out, but I have a totally different opinion about Alexi's lyrics. If you notice, almost all of the lyrics are written in the first person, for instance "You wanna f--k me down 'till I'm bleeding red. I couldn't care less I'll end up rotting in the mud, so come on muthaf give me your best shot." He doesn't take crap from anybody and is not afraid to express that in his lyrics. Alexi's screams give otherwise power metal songs that signature bodom sound mixing black/death metal screams. His screams are actually very melodic and almost seems as if he is singing.

Overall this is my favorite CD. The most impressive songs on the album are Follow The Reaper, Mask Of Sanity, and Hate Me! I love the guitar work, drums and vocals and I don't have anything about this album. If it were stolen or lost it wouldn't matter, because I have another copy for that very reason.