Hatebreeder review by Children of Bodom

• Released: May 4, 1999
Children of Bodom: Hatebreeder

Children Of Bodom have managed to do it once again. Hatebreeder is one of their more heavier albums and the sound on it is excellent. The music is pure genius in the fact that a metal band can make the keyboard sound cool as f--k! The songs on the album are some of the best songs written by the band.

The lyrics fit surprisingly well with the music and Alexi's vocals fit perfectly on every track. Tracks like "Warheart" and "Bed Of Razors" are pure poetry. Their lyrcis are deep on this album and I think that a band needs to have some meaningful lyrics on an album everynow and then.

This is by far one of their better albums in terms of heaviness and melody. Alexi and Janne flow so well together that it sounds like it's 2 guitars rather than just one with a keyboard. The best songs would be "Warheart," "Bed Of Razors" and "Children Of Bodom." Also "Silent Night, Bodom Night" is great for listening for sweep picking. If it were lost I would go and buy it again in a heartbeat. If it were stolen, I would find the person and beat the shit outta them and crap on their face!