Hatebreeder review by Children of Bodom

• Released: May 4, 1999
Children of Bodom: Hatebreeder

Production was splendid and the sound of the album easily surpasses that of "Something Wild." The originality however does not the album sounds very much like the previous and if someone told me that it was double album for the first one, I'd believe them. The the keyboard integration is more evident however and adds a degree of freshness that is absent from most other areas. Songs like "Downfall" and "Bed Of Razors" are good examples of more proficient an dmusical use of the keyboards.

Hard to make out which is good I guess since the lyrics are extremely simple in nature and deal with much the same themes as the previous album. The band is not noted for it's lyrics, but rather the low growl vocal technique along with amazing guitar technique, so its easy to forgive them for a simplistic lyrical structure.

Although I was not 100% amazed by the sound or lyrics compared with the first album, I can't help but love the album for it's overall quality especially if it is not compared to "Something Wild." "Bed Of Razors" and "Black Widow" are impressive tracks that stood out.

SweetVampirous
    Dude this album is effin amazing. Definitely a favorite COB cd. Saw them live in Pitt. Dude Alexi is a genius.