Hatebreeder review by Children of Bodom

• Released: May 4, 1999
Children of Bodom: Hatebreeder

The sound on this album is abosulutely pure genious. The guitars on this album blew me away Alexi Laiho is an amazing guitarist and he should be a legend honestly. The drums on this album are superb because of the way the drummer plays them especially in the song Downfall where hes banging the crap out of the bass drum it rules. The bass on this album is intense especially that crazy intro to Warheart. How do they do this it's absolutely amazing!

The lyrics I thought were actually pretty good. Alexi Laiho is a really, really talented screamer and he plays lead guitar while he's doing now that's amazing. I really love it when the band like chants some words on this album in some songs, the war cries and those little speeches they make.

This album cannot compare to any other artists because I personally thin that COB have their heavy/death/black metal sound. I don't have a favourite song on this album they all kick complete ass and the solos on this album are amazing and they have a solo in every song. I love everything about this masterpiece album and I hate nothing about it. If it were stolen/lost I would defenitely buy it again. I would recommend this album to any fan of death metal, any guitarist, any bassist, any drummer and most of all a keyboardist.

shadowsofbodom
    COB is f***ing awesome, definitely the best melodic death metal there is, hatebreeder is just as awesome as follower the reaper, AMAZING