Relentless Reckless Forever review by Children of Bodom

• Released: Mar 8, 2011
Children of Bodom: Relentless Reckless Forever

This is indeed not the best album this far, so we have that clear. COB being a well-known Finnish Melodeath-band, with this album they don't prove anything with this album, but they are still strong. 1. "Not My Funeral": Very good sound, not too bad lyrics, good song to open the album with 2. "Shovel Knockout": Bassintro works well, lyrics not too bad, why this song has gotten much bad reviews is a mystery to me, Keyboard-solo rocks. 3. "Roundtrip To Hell And Back": Awesome change of sound, fits the band well actually, very nice melodically seen, good lyrics, at least not bad. 4. "Pussyfoot Miss Suicide": A lot of fun memories from this song already, not the best lyrics though, very "and one more time" melody at first, but that's why I think it's very "mainstream" if you get it. 5. "Relentless, Reckless Forever": Awesome guitarparts, very "partymood", at least I think so, not the best, nor worst, lyrics. 6. "Ugly": Yeah, only a fill-out, were also included on a "Razor(MetalHammer)" and it was this song that made me want to by the album, which I got because I wanted it. 7. "Cry Of The Nihilist": simply awesome track. 8. "Was It Worth It?": Well, a mainstreamfriendly song, nice and very good all in all. Nice keyboardsound and guitar is awesome as always. Nice video too! 9. "Northpole Throwdown": Very, Truly, F--kin Bodom! Truly a very nice song, short and packed with awesomeness. Good solos too! "Party All The Time" has to be the hillarious cover which is typical Bodom too. But they did forget the typical song about Bodom, didn't they?

Lyrics fit the music very well, Laiho's voice fits the lyrics (he wrote them, course they go well together). How GOOD the lyrics are? I guess mine isn't better so, I will not say anymore.

Maybe you can compare it to "Blooddrunk"... Most impressing song to me is "Northpole Throwdown" but "Shovel Knockout" and some others were very liked too. I love the sound, the technically good everything + for that, - for not having drum intros! If this album disappeared from me I would have bought it again.

maximumrocker
    After listening to it quite a few times I enjoy this album quite well, personally better than blooddrunk
    Powerageman
    It's a great album, it's just I think that you have to give it a chance to grow on you.
    pat-bolton
    still doesnt compare at all to hatebreeder or something wild, wich in my opinion were beast albums
    bodom alexi
    this album is the worst one nect to hatebreed i still think follow the reaper and bloodrunk are the best i actually struggled to finish listening to the album they sound like a really heavy 80's metal band in relentless reckless forever im truly am not impressed with the new record
    Camron62\m/
    AWESOME ALBUM. meant to be played loud. very very creative. some songs are iffy at parts, but the extremity of the first two songs are awesome. Not My Funeral's first solo is absolutely orgasmic. god bless Floyd Rose.
    ruletheneck
    its one of those albums that just grows on you and by the end of the second listen you wonder how you ever got where you are without it ^.^ i reckon it was the right decision to put Northpole Throwdown at the end - it's like a summary of the album 'this is our album and if you dont like it then you can f**k off'