Something Wild review by Children of Bodom

• Released: Apr 28, 1998
Children of Bodom: Something Wild

The sound on this record, recording wise, is excellent. Every instrument and vocal was captured purfectly. As far as the band, incredible. Alexi is a guitar virtuoso, it's incredible, all that shit he comes up with. you don't see skills like that from those emo-fags good charlotte or simple plan. Jaska, their drummer is incredible as well. With all of the tempo changes and what not, he stays in perfectly. Also, insted of hearing the same old beat over and over, he throws in all kinds of fills to impress the masses. Don't forget the rhythm end - Jenka and Alexander hold it down, without them, the sound would fall out! And of course, Janne produces very creative, amazing and diffrent keyboard affects that fit so beutiffuly with the songs. Sound gets a 5, hands down.

The lyrics of the album are mostly based around the Lake Bodom Murders, which also happens to be what the name of the band refers to. Even if someone dosen't think to much of the lyrics, you have to recognize how Alexi's scream-style vocals fit so perfectly with the music. I can't imagine any other style fitting with the music as well as this. Lyrics get 5!

Overall, I trully believe this album is a masterpiece. I was driving and listened to the whole album and almost stopped to cry because I thought it was the most kick-ass album I'd ever heard. I was right to! Alexi is definately a hero of mine, and my favorite guitar player. like Zakk Wylde, it pisses me of that players as talented as Alexi get little credit where people like that Ashley Simpson bitch sell millions of records and hog the spotlight. Not just Alexi. I think all of children of bodom deserve the credit for putting together the best 30 some minutes of music I have ever heard. If it were lost, id stop what is was doing and run out to find it because I can't live without this cd. If it were stolen, I hunt down the bastard who took it and beat his ass, then take it back. Naturally, it gets a 5.