Something Wild review by Children of Bodom

• Released: Apr 28, 1998
Children of Bodom: Something Wild

This is COB's first album and I must say that it kicks some serious ass! The sound is raw and aggressive and has that kick-you-in-the-face feel to it that leaves you wanting more! The music is hard, but has great melody and harmonies to accompany it.

The lyrics on this album are my favorite off of any COB album! The song Lake Bodom is some of the best shit I've ever read and listened to. Alexi actually has a sort of melody to hid growl on this album, more so than on any other albums they've put out. His lyrics go great with the music on this album and you'll wish that there were more than 7 tracks because it goes by so fast.

This is by far their most aggressive album to date. Alexi comes up with some insane sweep-picking licks and his classical influences really shine on this album. Some of the more noteworthy songs on this album are: "Deadnight Warrior," "Lake Bodom" and "Touch Like Angel Of Death." Also, they re-released this album with 2 bonus tracks and a couple of cool features for your computer. The 2 tracks are Slayer's "Silent Scream" and the Scorpions' "Don't Stop At The Top." The only thing I could find wrong with this album is that it was over so fast! This is by far one of my favorite metal albums ever. If it were lost I would go and buy it again and if it were stolen, I would find the SOB who took it and beat the shit out of 'em until they cried like a little girl.