Something Wild review by Children of Bodom

• Released: Apr 28, 1998
Children of Bodom: Something Wild

I think this album has some of the most memorable riffs and solos of all their albums. the riffs are fast and in many parts very technical proving that Alexi can thrash with the best of them. It has a very heavy feel and in some parts some awkward timing such as in "Deadnight Warrior", but this only adds to their originality and will make you love them even more. The solos are full of sweeps and whammy dives, and the the keyboard deffinately has some awesome parts as well.

The lyrics are deffinately metal. my all time favorite part on this CD is when Alexi screams "F--k yourself and Die!" Alexis voice is different on this album, in that he deffinately growls more than he screams or anything else. I for one, love the growling way more than his higher pitched singing and he deffinately pulls his vocal parts off very nicely. In no time youll be growling along to "Lake Bodom" because it is so catchy.

Bodom Deffinately have lots of talent and I think most of it comes out in this album. I love the sick guitar parts as well as the awesome keyboard riffs. I really don't think this album could've been much better. Some awesome songs to check out are "Lake Bodom", "Touch Like An Angel of Death", "The Nail", and deffinately "Red Light In My Eyes Part 1" if your into the whole thrash, death, melodic metal scene than Bodom is your band.