Trashed, Lost & Strungout review by Children of Bodom

• Released: Feb 22, 2005
Children of Bodom: Trashed, Lost & Strungout

I found this EP on-line one day so I decided to order it and man am I glad I did. It is definatly my favorite EP of all time. The guitar in it has sck solos, the drums are super fast and loud, and they keyboard fits in perfectly. I think this CD is more melodic then any of their other cds, it is probably the direction COB are heading towards from now on in future albums. Also on this CD is the Trashed, Lost, and Strung Out video, and a live video of it in japan I think. Bodom seem to get increasingly aggressive with each album they put out. Hatecrew Deathroll saw the beginning of Alexi's almost tuned down and heavier riffing, and this trend continues on this album. Janne Warman's keyboards are a little more profound on this release than they were on Hatecrew, and are used best on the track "Knuckleduster." As usual Bodom put out a slamming album full of technicality and virtuosity. The two covers are awesome.

Well only 2 of the songs on this is new material (the others being covers of Andrew WK's "She Is Beautiful" and Alice Coopers "Bed Of Nails"). Children Of Bodom have never really been about lyrics but about the music, you can't really understand all of what Alexi is singing but it doesnt matter he has a great voice and it just goes perfect with the music.

I can't really compare this to other COB CDs, because it's only a 4 track EP but it still is a great CD for any COB fans to have. "KnuckleBuster" has to be my favorite song on their it got heavy, crunchy riffs, and random bad ass solos in it. This CD will never get lost or stolen because I won't let it!

Beast-mask
    COB609HateCrew wrote: Its knuckleDuster, not buster =P and it was also a new song so there are 3 new songs
    There is only 2 song, Trashed, Lost Strungout and Knuckleduster + covers