Chimaira review by Chimaira

• Released: Aug 9, 2005
Chimaira: Chimaira

Chimaira are the new front of aggresive metal. They have brutaly haeavy guitars yet still encompass technically proficient guitar solos. Mark Hunter has the perfect throaty growl to accompany the music and the drumming on this album courtesy of Mr. Kevin Talley, is nothing short of amazing.

The lyrics are of a personal nature. They are harrowing ad dark and delivered in a way that makes them feel right. They fit the songs perfectly in every way and there are some really nifty vocal parts, especially in Nothing Remains, Save Ourselves and Everything You Love. Mark has an amazing voice and there is a much bigger contribution to the vocals from Chris Spiccuzza the keyborad player this time.

This is easily the best record from Chimaira to date. Some may argue it doesnt have the groove of Impossibiliy Of Reason, but I believe it actully has more groove. This is a must for all fans of Slayer, Pantera and Machine Head, and really heavy music in general. Check out Save Ourselves, Nothing Remains and Pray For All. I already have two copies, one signed by the band, and it is an amazing package with the bonus live disc included! Buy it now!

nirvanafan11111
    indeed, however i did think that the diversity in songs was lacking, while each song had its own structure and sound they did tend to blend while IoR was superior in my eyes
    jwb89
    Wow! After listening to this album, Im speechless. Its everything a metal fan could ask for. Chimaira should be leading the metal genre instead of other bands such as Trivium and Shadows Fall. Dont get me wrong, Trivium and Shadows Fall are great bands, but they cant match up to Chimaira.