Pass Out Of Existance review by Chimaira

• Released: Aug 21, 2001
Chimaira: Pass Out Of Existance

This album gives a feeling of industrial metal witch electronic music, and my god it works! Tuning all the way down to A (yes readers, A), this is a metal album worth a listen or fifty. This album is a masterpiece. The tremolo palm muting is here by the barrel, and Chris gives the songs that dark edge that pushes it into industrial.

At this point, Mark's lyrics, compared to TIOR, lack that killer roar on this album, though it is still there. The lyrics I feel are very personal, especially in the closing track 'Jade'. The lyrics "I want to be where you are, I miss you" is obviously very personal to him, it may be his mother or a loved one who passed away. Who knows.

I probably would buy this album again if I lost it or it was stolen because it is a classic and it shows potential of what was to come on 'The Impossibilty Of Reason."

AA00P
    Not that this is a bad album, but compared to Chimaira's later work, it's complete shite. The band members themselves dismiss it as crappy nu metal (Impossibility of Reason DVD).