Resurrection review by Chimaira

• Released: Mar 6, 2007
Chimaira: Resurrection

As brutal and pounding as Chimaira's always been. Mark's vocals haven't changed much, but that's not a bad thing though, as I personally love his vocal style. One thing I think really gave theis album a huge punch was the return of Andols. This dude can play that double bass like there's no tomorow and he proves it on songs like Six and No Reason To Live. Chris Spizzuca adds not a numetal tinge to it but almost a feeling of epicness especially on songs like Six (as you can probably tell, this is one of my favorites) and Empire. Rob continues to lay down skullcrushing riffage as always, and his soloing has improved since thair last record in my opinion. The record gets repetitive at times, but there's never really a moment where you want to skip over anything.

These guys must've been pissed off when writing the lyrics for this record. Virtually every song oozes either anger, violence, depression or an unhealthy combination of them. Not to say the lyrics are poorly written. Infact, with the exception of Worthless which to me sounded like a teenager having a fit over another kid, the lyrics we're very well done. However, those who are easily upset should skip over songs like No Reason To Live, and defenitely The Flame, because they can get pretty brutal, the latter steps into death metal-based lyrics. but hey, nobody buys a Chimaira album expecting a happy and uplifting record.

Overall, I'd say this is easily their best album to date, and one of the better releases of 07. Their formula hasn't changed much since The Impossibility of Reason or thei Self-Titled, but their still is a different feeling to it. The Tracks I'd recommend are Six, Empire, and The Flame but really there aren't many weak points here (Worthless was the only one that didn't click for me). I'm really glad to see Andols back with the band, he adds so much to the Chimaira sound. And if this were stolen, Hells yeah I'd buy this record 1000 times if I had to.

Schecterplayer5
    mrs. jimmy page wrote: omg!!!!! i love chimaira!!!! my dad is absolutely great friends with the drummer (Andy) and i personally no the guyz in the band! they live by me. they absolutely rock. there gonna sho me how to play sum of their songs, so as soon as i learn sum of the songs, i post on here. anyway..... AWESUM ALBUM!
    ...Oh you defenitely know the band, just as nuch as you know the drummers name is NOT Andy but Andols... I can see bullshit when I see it, and i hate bullshit.
    Solskinn8
    Honestly their best album, they really improved since their self titled. I don't know why the ratings are so low though =(.
    THEREDiNFLiKTED
    mrs. jimmy page wrote: marcus00 wrote: mrs. jimmy page : omg!!!!! i love chimaira!!!! my dad is absolutely great friends with the drummer (Andy) and i personally no the guyz in the band! they live by me. they absolutely rock. there gonna sho me how to play sum of their songs, so as soon as i learn sum of the songs, i post on here. anyway..... AWESUM ALBUM! first off all becuz i have bad grammar and spelling on here doesnt mean i talk like that in real life. and i'm not sucking up to the band. i no them ( just like u wish u did) i'm just saying that they're gonna teach me sum songs so i can post them on here, but i guess i'm just "sucking up" so i guess theres no reason for me to do that now. and i'm sorry... whats your grade point average again? i plan on going to college! and what are your goals? yeah... i dont think working at mcdonalds is gonna pull it off...
    No one cares! This album is pretty good, I heard their self-titled album is their best. I'm still yet to actually listen to it, but untill then it's second best to The Infection.