Resurrection review by Chimaira

• Released: Mar 6, 2007
Chimaira: Resurrection

I picked this album up for $10 at a sanit music sale. Had no idea how awesome it was. I Just love the way the band uses the heavy punchy riffs in this album, is so good. I think that alot of metal band have so much distortion that you can't hear jack shit of the riffs. Chimaira have taken a bunch of awesome riffs, chucked them together with some crazy ass drumming, and made a freaking awesome album. The way the riffs are so easy to hear, but so brutal and heavy is what got me hooked. Even during the fast playing, you can hear each and every pick stroke, its not buried under about 6000 watts of distortion. Also, the way the vocals work in is fantastic, because even though it is screaming, it is tuneful.

The two songs I think were special on this album would have to be Ressurection, the title track, and Black Heart. The lyrics on both of these were fantastic. Really good vocals that were dark and agressive, but melodic and meaningful in other places of the songs. I freaking love the fact that they got the balance right, like they got just enough growl, and just enough melody. I get so annoyed by some albums that would have been fantastic, had the vocals had a little more growl, like Metallica's S&M, where James had fantastic melody, but ruined it by not having enough growl.

The best songs on the album for me would be 01. Black Heart 02. Worthless 03. Resurrection But yeah, this is one of the best Chimaira albums. This is one of my all time favourite metal albums, and it is going to be remembered, just like a Dio or Judas Priest album will be: Eternally metal. Even if you're into bands like Cannibal Corpse and that, you should still try this one out.

jesusmaster44
    I didn't think much of the band or album when I first went to be the album, but when I listened to it all the way through, I was really surprised at how well done the album was! Great structure and sound throughout the whole album, and you can feel the anger and pain that inspired the songs. Totally worth the money. Great album!