The Impossibility Of Reason review by Chimaira

• Released: May 13, 2003
Chimaira: The Impossibility Of Reason

The sound for this album would be as if you mixed Alice In Chains vocals for some of the songs the best of 80s heavy/thrash metal guitar/bass/drums and some original roaring vocals from Mark Hunter. The sound of this album is good but when the band is this good who cares!

The lyrics are dark but go well with the music. All the songs are on differet subjects which means less repetition but seriously the lyrics to this album are great heavy metal lyrics as said before. The singer is good and he does sing at some points but he does get a tad monotonous.

This album is a good rip roaring heavy metal album. It sounds very slayerish and kerry king is reported to be a fan of Chimaira. Their aren't any bad songs on this album but standouts to me are: Implements Of Destruction (instrumental), Pure Hatred, Power Trip, The Dehumanizing Process and the title track. I love the power of this album, they are better live which is wot got me into Chimaira but this album really does let ure anger out and the musicianship is good with some solos and little bits with classical and acoustic instruments (Down Again, Implements Of Destruction.)