All's Well That Ends Well review by Chiodos

• Released: Oct 17, 2006
Chiodos: All's Well That Ends Well

Chiodos is a hardcore band fronted by one of my favorite singers, Craig Owens. The band actually got their name from the movie directors called the Chiodos Bros. Craig's singing is sweet. Jason's guitar playing is great and more complicated than most guitar parts in modern music. Pat's rhytym guitar is great, with nice chord shifts. Matt is a sweet bassist, and you can actually hear the bass loud and clear, which is usually a rarity in modern rock. Brad makes sweet effects on his keyboard and adds some beatiful melodies to mix up the heavy songs, and Derrick has some very nice and original drumming ideas, although the heavy use of cymbals can get annoying. Overall, Chiodos has an amazing sound, and they rocked my socks in concert.

Craig Owens is one of the best singers I have ever heard. His voice is beatiful and high-pitched, but he can also make some awesome, brutal screams. Honestly, you wouldn't believe it's the same guy singing and screaming. The lyrics are the typical emo fare of lost love and crazy women, although one song(all nereids beware) is about being lost at sea. The only problems are the song titles usually have absolutely nothing to do with what the song is actually about, and Craig can sometimes hit bad notes when he goes back from screaming to singing. However, Craig is still one of my favorite singers ever.

In my opinion, this album is much better than "Bone Pallace Ballet", although that one is good too. My favorite songs are "All Nerieds Beware", "Expired in Goreville", "There's No Penguins In Alaska", "No Hardcore Dancing In The Living Room", and "To Trixie and Reptile, Thanks for Everything", but all songs are great. I love Craig's amazing voice and how the band can easily play so many different genres of rock in one song. If it was stolen or lost, it wouldn't matter because I have the songs on my ipod, but I would probally buy a new copy anyway.

brycey464
    im sick of this emo/screamo/total shit "music"
    Thats great that you feel that way and all.... but nobody ACTUALLY gives a **** about what you have to say yea!!! so just don't say anything!! the band members are not actualy emo as far as i know!!, but they do make some emo music, not that i mind cuz i listen to most genres... cept country or rap.... or mainstream(pisses me off sooo epicly much!!!!)
    andrew.lobaugh
    I hope they maske another sound like "All's well that ends well" stuff. I agree it much better that way!!!
    DeathByMetal
    Blood Hawk
    DeathByMetal wrote: This album along with every other chiodos album is HORRIBLE!!!!! Go listen to real music. Led Zeppelin. and try the bands DEATH and POSSESSED.
    or how about u get more music variety u prick lol zeppelin is the most overrated band in music history and possessed is overrated garbage Death is good though i give u props for that but shut up Chiodos rules ^_^
    SevenYears
    it's been over five years and i still listen to this album at least once a month all the way through. you can bash the current music scene all you want, but if you are in the least bit into the modern music you owe it to yourself to check this album out.
    asb9pwns
    i absolutely love this band, it sucks craig left but his new band drugs poops on the new chiodos. If you like this version of chiodos you'll love drugs. But anyways this album is phenomenal every song is amazing the guitar parts are incredible and i love how your always left unexpected to whats gonna happen next it goes from rock to piano to metal to slow alternative its great. If you haven't listened to this band yet stop reading this and go check them out right now!