Bone Palace Ballet review by Chiodos

• Released: Sep 4, 2007
Chiodos: Bone Palace Ballet

This is yet another great CD from one of the best bands ever (in my opinion), Chiodos! The sounds are kind of similar to All's Well That End's Well, but not exactly, kind of like they wanted to try a new approach at it, and it worked. They make good use of all there instruments, and all six of them do there job very well. A new twist is that they have some violins playing in about 3 of there songs, making it sound, well like a ballet, very awesome.

Once again, Craig Owens shows his talent at writing good lyrics, and singing them out very well. I think he did a better job at lyrics on this album, it deffinatly brings his voice out more, and sounds just awesome. And there is a couple of guest "screamers" in this album. In the songs "Bulls Make Money, Bears Make Money, Pigs Get Slaughtered" and "The Undertakers Thirst For Revenge is Unquencable:The Final Battle" is Nick Martin from the band Underminded. He deffinatly makes the songs sound darker when he does his part, which makes the songs even more awesome. And the second guest, singing in the songs "Is It Progression If a Cannibal Uses a Fork?" and "Bulls Make Money, Bears Make Money, Pigs Get Slaughtered" is Jesse Korman from the band The Number Twelve Looks Like You.

So overall this album just rocks! It is, in my opinion, as good as All's Well That End's Well, but with a slower touch to it. The most impressive songs from this album are "Is It Progression If a Cannibal Uses a Fork?", "Bulls Make Money, Bears Make Money, Pigs Get Slaughtered", I Didn't Say I Was Powerful, I Said I Was a Wizard", "Teeth the Size of Piano Keys", "A Letter From Janelle", and "The Undertakers Thirst For Revenge is Unquencable: The Final Battle" pretty much naming half of them from the CD. If this album was ever stolen from me, even though I do have it on my iPod, I would still buy the album because it is awesome, and so is Chiodos.