Bone Palace Ballet review by Chiodos

• Released: Sep 4, 2007
Chiodos: Bone Palace Ballet

I think they softened up a little with this album, compared to the first one, "All's Well That Ends Well". But, that's not to say that it isn't good. It could be a lot better though. There are still a lot of great guitar riffs and solos by Jason Hale. The drummer, Derrick Frost, has also improved a lot. It even has some cool bass riffs if you listen for them. At first I was a little disappointed with it, but I think my expectations were pretty high. Overall it is a good album. Definitely worth buying if you like Chiodos.

Craig Owens, lead vocals of Chiodos, wrote a similar style of lyrics for this album. The last album had lyrics that told stories of monsters, romance, betrayal, murder, and a number of things. This album also has lyrics that tell of romance, horror, betrayal, self-pity, and a variety. The lyrics blend well with the music and overall have a good sound. Craig has also improved his singing skills, along with screaming, which can be a bit bad at times though. As for Bradley Bell, he has definitely improved in all areas. His singing is much better on this album. His screaming is amazing on this album and is indubidoubly better.

This album is a lot different from "All's Well That Ends Well". It is less metal and has more of a rock opera sound to it. Less screaming but it's still got quite a bit. The drummer, Derrick Frost, has definitely kicked it up a bit, on some songs such as "The Undertaker's Thirst For Revenge Is Unquenchable (The Final Battle)" and "If I Cut My Hair, Hawaii Will Sink." Jason Hale and Pat McManaman still have a lot of good riffs and licks. Jason Hale has a lot of pick sweeps and solos. On songs like "Lexington. (Joey Pea-Pot with a Monkey Face)" and "Teeth The Size of Piano Keys." This CD is overall amazing! Even Matt Goddard, the bassist, has some cool bass riffs like in "Teeth The Size of Piano Keys." If I ever lose it or have it stolen, I'd definitely burn it again and possibly buy it.

Give_em Hell
    Infamou$17 wrote: I would probably like it if Craig Owens didn't have the world's most f***ing annoying voice. Ruins the whole album
    you ****ing retard! go to hell you dumbass cocksucker! craig owens is definitaly the best singer i've heard youre stupid as a tard
    Avenger wL
    alec1027 wrote: chiodos SOLD OUT! god they are in my top 3 favorite bands and this pissed me off. they are to popish now. and then the FEW screaming parts there are arent even craig ownes. god this cd made me sad. i still love them crazily. ill just keep listenin to AWTEW
    you're obviously too stupid to understand the difference between selling out and just going through normal changes. every band changes as the member grow older and more mature. maybe you'll be lucky enough to become mature one day. oh yeah, most if not all of the screaming parts are craig. you should see them in concert before you spew your random bullshit everywhere.
    Shlecht
    this is easily one of the most original, catchy, heart-felt albums ive ever invested in. chiodos did an amazing job advancing and maturing their sound, leaving their scene-ish/emo music behind and coming out with music that can be praised by any fan of this type of music...with the mix of ballads and heavy songs. im extremely impressed, and i seriously did not expect such stellar music quality when i was about to acquire the album. couldnt be happier.
    qwikfngr
    This is a FUCKING AMAZING album!!!! Craig Owens opens up to some more intense vocals "Is it Progression...?" and the guitars hit a new level of ferocity abandoning the hardcore two-steps for symphonically aranged metal flavorings. drums are as normal smashing away in startling grooves and the lyrics.... please!!!!.....I could go on and on...
    Sorrows
    I agree this album is ****ing amazing!!! They did soften it up and it sounds pretty damn good. They did a way better job with thier vocalists and with the rythem guitar going along it is just amazing!
    Thapumpkineater
    I gotta admit some stuff on this album is catchy. Progression,Teeth,Perception and Undertaker are best songs on the CD....The rest...I'm not gonna even say it cause you are all gonna freak out.
    Killingthecat69
    i enjoyed the album. its definitely different than the others. and the people above are right. craig does barely any screaming at all. just look at the little book in the album if you can't see them live it tells you who does screaming in whatever song. i think the guy from thenumbertwelvelookslikeyou does some screaming in one song. the album is definitely catchy. but the first guy to write the first review is stupid. intensity in ten cities is the piano song :] i liked this band before and i definitely like them now. i think they did a terrific job. and they didn't sell out. because they're not all over MTV