Bone Palace Ballet review by Chiodos

• Released: Sep 4, 2007
Chiodos: Bone Palace Ballet

This album is probably one of the best Chiodos has ever put together. They've changed their sound sooo much. Starting off pop-punk/post hardcore/screamo, Chiodos has evolved to make a sound all of their own. These guys are really creative, and really showed it on this album. Craig has improved so much lyrically and vocally it's unreal. I didn't listen to them much before this album, but it's addicting. I'm sure all of you will agree with me on this. They've really outdone themselves and deserve all the love the fans show them.

Lyrically they really weren't cliche' on this album. Before, most of their songs were about love and sacrifice. Bone Pallace Ballet has a range of topics, appealing to just about anyone. The sound of the album really flows well with the lyrics so it doesn't sound like a big mess. Craig, like I said earlier, has evolved into a terrific vocalist. He hits notes like no other. There is also some screaming in this album. Craig barely does any of it. In the song, The Undertakers Thirst For Revenge Is Unquenchable the vocalist from Thenumbertwelvelookslikeyou does the screaming.

The overall impression? Where do I start? The songs will have you singing all day, no matter where you are. They are really catchy. The best songs from this album would be The Undertakers Thirst For Revenge Is Unquechable (the final battle), and Teeth The Size Of Piano Keys. I love this album because they really tried hard to make something memorable and they succeeded. I don't like that it has only ten songs. It needs more! If it were stolen/lost I would definitely buy it again, without thinking twice. I hope I was some sort of help for you. If you are a Chiodos fan, or even like them a little, I'd recommend you listen to this album. You'll love it.

shroomhound
    wow. all these review said that it was awesome. the review in Metal Hammer suggested that it completely sucked balls. They gave it 2/10. Might have to have a listen just becuause of the difference of opinion.
    Jawkster
    This album owns. I loved it when I first heard it, like 3 months ago.. their sound is kinda catchy but pretty damn awesome too.
    monkeysoup
    This cd was such a let down. When I first heard about a new chiodos cd a few years ago, I was so excited that I preordered it. After I listened to it I was extremely depressed at how bad it was. It didn't sound anything like them. I only liked probably 3 of the songs 1 of them being "Teeth the size of Piano keys." I liked how they took a different approach and added violins and stuff but they did that for like every song which was retarded. Also Craig's voice was pissing me off in a lot of songs where he tried to be really dramatic sounding. I give the album 6/10.
    niejel
    I bet my girlfriend your voice is worse.
    archangelseren
    UltraMegaChickn wrote: Infamou$17 wrote: I would probably like it if Craig Owens didn't have the world's most f***ing annoying voice. Ruins the whole album dude...wtf? how does his voice ruin the album? if you've actually heard the cd, than you would know that Craig is pretty much the star of this, and his vocals ****ing rock!
    they arent that great they are just really damn high. its not too horrible tho i spose its ok
    ]\/[R. EM0
    they are very emo, and the singers voice is a little high, when my bro first heard them, he thought it was a chick. but yeah, they have a couple good songs on this cd, but nothing great. i havent heard the other one yet, but it was supposively better.
    BradKohl
    ticklemeemo wrote: The singer kind of ruins it. He has the same problem as the guy from Saosin, they don't change their pitch much. He sings nearly everything with the same note. Everything else is sick though, except for some of the lyrics, they're just too emo for me. And yes, Chiodos are emo.
    First off, Saosin's singer has an amazing vocal range (You obviously haven't seen them live), and Chiodos isn't emo, although some of the vocal lines sound emo. This is kinda like when PTH came out with Kezia and ppl called them emo because of one vocal line that wasn't matched with sick metal guitars and brutal force.
    Rosseta Stoned
    pretty good band, but what i really appreciate from them is their amazing singer. I heard them play a song of theirs acoustically, and their singer belted out some pretty amazing notes.
    JordanLennon
    death_rider wrote: I think its veeery stupid that someone wouldn;t like a band because they don't scream. Come on...
    someone actually told me they hated this album because there wasn't enough screaming. I wanted to punch him in the head. I never liked this band but after this album I'm a fan.
    death_rider
    Infamou$17
    Give_em Hell wrote: Infamou$17 wrote: I would probably like it if Craig Owens didn't have the world's most f***ing annoying voice. Ruins the whole album you ****ing retard! go to hell you dumbass cocksucker! craig owens is definitaly the best singer i've heard youre stupid as a tard
    Maybe his voice is so high because people like you who are clearly all over his d**k are biting too hard. Get real, frigs.
    .6.bullets.
    I definitely buying this album. I sampled the songs on iTunes, and they are very promising. I saw Chiodos on RTOC last year, and they gave a very energetic, fun perfromance. Although Owen's vocals get a little annoying if you listen to the songs too much, they're a great band. He is a good vocalist, nonetheless, and their song titles are interesting. Overall good band, nice guys.
    filthylittleboy
    Im freaking glad this band ISNT generic hardcore, because most of the genre is every uhm... untalented... anyhow! I love the new album, I'm such a metal head, but i sing power metal, so I can really appreciate the guys voice! It's so great!
    ticklemeemo
    !normajean!
    Chazasul wrote: Am I the only one horribly disappointed with their new direction?
    pretty much. i love their new stuff. its fun to listen to AND its actually pretty original. i hope their next cd is like this whenever they write another.