Illuminaudio review by Chiodos

• Released: Oct 5, 2010
Chiodos: Illuminaudio

"Illuminaudio", in my eyes (and ears), is an album worth buying. From the creative guitar work found in within each song to the tenderness of Brandon Bolmer's voice, this album captivates the attention of the listener and maintains their ears entertained. "Illuminaudio" marks the departure of former vocalist CRaig Owens but opens the doors to new frontiers with Brandon, the new vocalist. This was the first I've heard of the band and I was truly amazed by their sound. The record sounds great but I would be lying if I said it was perfect, but it still was a pleasure to listen.

The album begins with a slow-paced, short track called "Illuminaudio" that serves as an intro for the album and as a bridge for the next song which is "Caves". Although each song is defferent musically there are numerous similarities in each one of them the number one being Brandon's singing. His voice adds a different vibe to the record but it can get kind of boring in the final tracks because of how alike they are in that area. There is not much screaming throughout the album and is a shame that the few parts that have screaming are so distorted that you can't fully appreciate the aggressiveness and emotions that were meant to be there. This can get repetitive too throughout the album. The lyrics are one of the most impressive elements in the album. They're all well written and talk about different subjects. From overcoming one's fears to relating the story of The Phantom Of The Opera, each song has a different feel to them when it comes to their lyrics.

This is a brilliant album from start to finish if you find the singer's tone amusing. The creativity of the instruments make up for anything wrong about the album. This is a great way of introducing the new singer and I see great things coming for them. Can't wait for their next product.