Lines In My Face review by Chronic Future

• Released: Jun 22, 2004
Chronic Future: Lines In My Face

The sound overall is rather phenominal, considering the range of the different styles of music. There is a mixture between hip-hop and more rock related styles, and the keyboards adapt well along with this. There is a nice use of bass in it as well, seeing as most bands who use the more general style of rock often overshadow it. In my personal opinion, very well written, and the transitions from style to style aren't bad either.

First off, I'd like to point out that during the more hip-hop moments of their songs, the lyrics make quite a bit of sense, the song Memories In f Minor being one of the best. There is some screaming in here, but nothing death metal related, it just adds to the effect of the guitars. The lyrics in themselves are well written to go along with the songs, and there are a few moments when they are very soft/hard to understand, which in all the cases adds effect to the songs.

This album from Chronic Future is trully like nobody else that I've ever heard of. It mixes several styles of music including rock, hip-hop (being the main two) along with an anti-war song in my opinion (Time And Time Again, watch the music video if possible). The thing I can't stand about it is the hip-hop moments, but that's just a personal distaste I have, if you like both rock and hip-hop, this should be a deffinite buy. The music in itself is simple, but well written, well thought out, and well done overall. The most impressive songs would definitly be Thank You (6) which shows a more thankfull part of the band (obviously) considering that their other albums didn't have much success. I also favored Shell-Shocked which shows how it can feel being on the recieving end of something tragic. New York, NY describes someone's strive to make it big in the corperate (spell check) industry, and also I think shows the bands own disire to succeed as much as they should. I say buy this if you can, although I haven't heard much of them lately, so suggest get this while you can! I know that if something happened to mine, I'd search everywhere for another, hands down.