Tubthumper review by Chumbawamba

• Released: Sep 23, 1997
Chumbawamba: Tubthumper

Many people considered Chumbawamba to be a one hit band. In my opinion, this cd had more than just one hit. Every song was great. They mixed a lot of elements but mostly the guitar, keyboards, and drumming. Some people maybe turned off by the english acting during the endings of some songs but I thought they were tight.

When I first heard the CD, the lyrics kinda turned me off. Because some of them didn't make sense. But later they started to grow on me. Plus the songs do get catchy like Tubthumping, Creepy Crawling, and Amnesia. There are a lot of vocals to this band. I think there are about 3 or four singers because there were different voices in some songs.

Chumbawamba's Tubthumper is one CD I never get tired of listening to. It's so unique and interesting. Plus the songs are really catchy. My top five songs were Tubthumping, Outsider, Creepy Crawling, Mary, Mary, and Drip, Drip, Drip. This is one british band that just likes to have fun. The band's lyrics may turn some people off at first but they'll grow on you. I definitely recommend this CD.

desolationrow
    "the lyrics kinda turned me off. Because some of them didn't make sense" "This is one british band that just likes to have fun" "The band's lyrics may turn some people off" Congratulations! You have missed the point! *WHOOSH* (sound of The Point going right over your head) Luckily, Chumbawamba dedicated the closing song on their followup album to you: http://www.actionext.com/names_c/chumbaw...
    red157
    A 10? I'm sorry if this album's a 10 then previous Chumbawamba albums are off the scale. Every other Chumbawamba record beats this.