Rocked, Wired & Bluesed: The Greatest Hits review by Cinderella

• Released: Jan 25, 2005
Cinderella: Rocked, Wired & Bluesed: The Greatest Hits

This album covers all four of Cinderella's albums. The sound therefore is slightly variable but nothing too drastic. It has some really awesome hard rocking song on it including "Gypsy Road", "Bad Seamstress Blues" and "Night Songs". It all has the softer side; "Nobody's Fool" and "Don't Know What You Got (Till It's Gone)" and it has a more modern side; "Blood from a stone". I and I'd assume most Cinderella fans are more fond of their earlier works but are still keen on the last album. The album covers that fact because most of the songs on the album are their earlier songs. Seven out the Ten songs on "Long Cold Winter" are also on this album.

I am not really one for Lyrics. If you want deep meaning in words go read some poetry. However the meaning in the song "Don't Know What You Got (Till It's Gone)" fits well with 1980's glam metal. Tom Keifer has an amazing voice through out the album excelling best in songs such as "Nobody's Fool" and "Somebody Save Me".

If I was to say that Cinderella are like any other band I'd say Guns 'N' Roses. However, there are big differences. My favourite song on the album is possibly "Gypsy Road" but there isn't a week song on the album. I really love the powerful guitar work by Jeff Lebar and Tom Keifer. The tone is spectacular and the some of the riffs are pure genius. Normally I'm against Greatest Hits albums because you end up missing out on so may other great songs but I think you should buy this album and then buy all their other albums and then see them live. This is truly a most excellent album. Sorry about the lack of length in this review but there's not much to say other than it is absolutely brilliant.