Group Sex review by Circle Jerks

Circle Jerks: Group Sex

Circle Jerk's, "Group Sex" is a short, sharp blast of hardcore punk rock mayhem. Although the album weighs in at a meagre 15 minutes and 45 seconds, it makes up for its lack of length with sheer brutal fun. The album features trashy guitars that fit the fun punky mood perfectly, and a pounding rhythm section that keeps the songs moving. The screaming vocals really are the icing on the cake and trully set the songs on fire.

Aswell as the bands sound, the lyrics fit the music with great accuracy in this album. Although you could say their singer can't sing, his voice suits perfectly with the music. I was thoughraly impressed by the lyrics in this album. I enjoyed the fun factor of the lyrics, as I feel too many punk bands take themselfs far too serisouly. For example, on the track "What's Your Problem" these lines brought to light the bands fun side perfectly, "I got a date, I can't be late. If she don't show up, I'll masturbate." What I liked about that was, teens and young people can relate to things like that, but at the same time, it's fun.

"Group Sex" is a perfect punk album. It's got all you need, trashy guitars screeching vocals, and most of all, it's fun. If I were to have this stolen from me or lose it. I'd definately buy this album again. This is one CD when your at a party and moshing it up and having a good time, you won't want to miss!