As The Roots Undo review by Circle Takes the Square

• Released: Jan 6, 2004
Circle Takes the Square: As The Roots Undo

If you have not heard of the band "Circle Takes The Square" you should be slapped across the face. This is probably one of the most creative bands I have ever heard of. If you are into loud screams, great guitar riffs, and the contrast of a very high voice this is your band. My friend told me about this band and I was reluctant to listen to them at first since he likes Rufio and other really gay bands. After a while I had to listen to them. They were great. I couldn't find their CD anywhere so I had to order it of the internet. It was worth the shipping and handling. I would consider calling their style a little emo mixed with hard core metal.

The lyrics may be confusing at times since most of the words are being screamed at the top of the lead singer/bass player's lungs. This three man band has great lyrics to go with their kick ass music. Overall I think all of their songs on their CD are sung greatly.

I can really say that at some times they are a band all alone in their own genre they created. They sound like no one else, or at least anyone I've ever heard. The two best songs on the CD are "Crow Quill" and "A Crater To Cough In." I would really love to see this band get into the mainstream. The thing I love about this CD is how all the songs are genuine and all sound different. I do hate how in one of the songs there is a riff that is continually played for four minutes long! If it was stolen or lost (which I never let it leave my sights) I would definetly buy it again.